Some Say Microsoft Are Ruining Gaming

#1don_sfPosted 8/15/2014 5:09:40 PM
Some say that by buying timed exclusives like tomb raider, where xbox one has 5 million sales, they are harming the gaming community so that pc and ps4 gamers get it later, yet ps4 and pc gamers make up most of the gaming community.

So ultimately tomb raider gaming franchise looses out, which then future tomb raider games will suffer as development budgets could decrease.

We of course saw the same with Crytek and Ryse, where Crytek directly said they were not happy with xbox one sales, and they will only make another if sales pick up.

Of course Microsoft are a strong software company, office and windows are very successful, so will it be in gamer's best interests that microsoft continue to do software only?

And further examples of this is looking at ps4 whic has an internal power supply, and xbox one is almost twice as large, running same temperature and noise as ps4, with external power brick. One has to question Microsoft's hardware credentials.
#2RuinerEraserPosted 8/15/2014 5:12:12 PM(edited)
It's their franchise and it's their deal. Crystal Dynamics chose to allow MS to get an exclusive...timed or not it doesn't matter. That is how the deal went down.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#3blacklabelicePosted 8/15/2014 5:13:02 PM
but im sure square enix is laughing straight to the bank after signing that deal

it probably doesnt even matter about the quality of the game, sales, or an audience to market it to. im sure MS must have offered them a tonne, as usually they have a tendency to release their games amongst multiple platforms hoping to make the most amount of sales.

i guess you would call this selling out? i dont know.. as long as the game is good thats all that really matters
#4MrImpatient35Posted 8/15/2014 5:13:48 PM
I'd say that sonyponies are ruining the X1 console. I've felt that way since before launch. I'll never understand why they're so vocal against something that they don't own. I don't have a ps4, so it wouldn't make sense for me to complain about it...unless I want one.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#5MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/15/2014 5:14:30 PM
don_sf posted...
Some say that by buying timed exclusives like tomb raider, where xbox one has 5 million sales, they are harming the gaming community so that pc and ps4 gamers get it later, yet ps4 and pc gamers make up most of the gaming community.

So ultimately tomb raider gaming franchise looses out, which then future tomb raider games will suffer as development budgets could decrease.

We of course saw the same with Crytek and Ryse, where Crytek directly said they were not happy with xbox one sales, and they will only make another if sales pick up.

Of course Microsoft are a strong software company, office and windows are very successful, so will it be in gamer's best interests that microsoft continue to do software only?

And further examples of this is looking at ps4 whic has an internal power supply, and xbox one is almost twice as large, running same temperature and noise as ps4, with external power brick. One has to question Microsoft's hardware credentials.

You sound Oregano.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#6blacklabelicePosted 8/15/2014 5:17:00 PM
it just seems kind of weird that TR comes to X1 first though, it would be like Sony announcing timed exclusivity for like halo or forza or something.
#7blacklabelicePosted 8/15/2014 5:17:37 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...

You sound Oregano.

SUNSET OVERDRIVE BABY! GAME OVER SONY!!!
#8don_sf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 5:18:46 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
don_sf posted...

You sound Oregano.

Im sorry?
#9RuinerEraserPosted 8/15/2014 5:20:24 PM
don_sf posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
don_sf posted...

You sound Oregano.

Im sorry?

He's saying you're not peppery at all, in fact quite the oppsite.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#10Rafficus_IIIPosted 8/15/2014 5:20:35 PM
Nah. Fanboys who just like to spew haterade and ***** and moan are ruining gaming. Not like you have any part in that, huh, TC? ;)
---
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs