TGS xbox

• Topic Archived
1 year ago#1
Lets go over some japanese xbox exclusives that we want to see another one of
Here's my favorites. (some of these may have later released on the ps3, i'm not sure)
-lost odyssey
-eternal sonata
-tales of vesperia
-enchanted arms (1 of my personal favorites)
-operation darkness
-ninety nine nights (still obsessed<3)
-infinite undiscovery
I don't want any of those loli games with some little girl in a maid dress using a katana that started flooding the 360.
1 year ago#2
Never heard of any of these games
---
Best rap battle ever youtube.com/watch?v=rhjpVVZTmqo
1 year ago#3
I don't think Microsoft is willing to invest in jrpgs anymore. The Platinum games Game is probably the most Japanese game the one will get
1 year ago#4
ilovecarebears posted...
I don't think Microsoft is willing to invest in jrpgs anymore. The Platinum games Game is probably the most Japanese game the one will get

Niehter is sony unfortunately due to high focus on indies so I guess it's a dead genre by that logic. /:
1 year ago#5
SignalMyMisery posted...
ilovecarebears posted...

Niehter is sony unfortunately due to high focus on indies so I guess it's a dead genre by that logic. /:

Level 5 ceo has already said they're working on a PS4 JRPG. They make few Playstation exclusives every gen, so it's not really news but still.
1 year ago#6
It's sad, I'm gonna get an Xbox One, because of my friends. But it's gonna be a let down to never see any jrpgs on it. I never got to play a Ps3, so I missed out all those Jrpgs, and really don't wanna buy it, just for them.
---
PSN: Donnie19---Gamertag: Chaos Matazaki---3DS FC: 5000-3303-9111---IGN: Lilith---Friend Safari Pokemon Psychic: Drowzee, Xatu, Wobuffet.
1 year ago#7
SignalMyMisery posted...
ilovecarebears posted...

Sony doesn't have too because companies make them by themselves. Look at disgaea, persona, tales, no no kuni, and a bunch more. In a few years when the ps4 has sold more in Japan the studios will make games for it. Just takes a bit longer over there as ps2 games kept rolling out for quite a while there. Xbox however never took off there and Japanese support seemed to die game wise other then ff13 sequels.
1 year ago#8
Weeeeeelll.... Eternal Sonata was a timed exclusive, it was ported to PS3. Tales of Versperia was only exclusive outside of Japan as it was later ported to PS3 in Japan. Enchanted Arms was a timed exclusive, mostly because it came out before the PS3 was even out.

I sorta hated Infinite Undiscovery and Ninety Nine Nights, Never played Operation Darkness... But I totally liked Lost Odyssey.

It's be great to see Microsoft try and do a bunch of Japanese again. But it's probably never gonna happen. It's more a niche these days
1 year ago#9
vashkey posted...
Weeeeeelll.... Eternal Sonata was a timed exclusive, it was ported to PS3. Tales of Versperia was only exclusive outside of Japan as it was later ported to PS3 in Japan. Enchanted Arms was a timed exclusive, mostly because it came out before the PS3 was even out.

I sorta hated Infinite Undiscovery and Ninety Nine Nights, Never played Operation Darkness... But I totally liked Lost Odyssey.

It's be great to see Microsoft try and do a bunch of Japanese again. But it's probably never gonna happen. It's more a niche these days

They tried at the beginning because they thought it would make a dent in the Japanese market. I think Microsoft just wrote them off and still doesn't care. They'd have to spend way to much for little gain. There's hardly been any games like those you mentioned in the passed few years for Xbox.
1 year ago#10
ilovecarebears posted...
vashkey posted...

They tried at the beginning because they thought it would make a dent in the Japanese market. I think Microsoft just wrote them off and still doesn't care. They'd have to spend way to much for little gain. There's hardly been any games like those you mentioned in the passed few years for Xbox.

I know and you can't really blame them. They tried pretty hard and didn't see much return. And the console market has really shrunk in Japan and along with the popularity of jrpgs.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived