Does Diablo 3 being upgraded from 900p to 1080p matter if I own a 720p TV?

#1RuinerEraserPosted 8/16/2014 4:30:35 AM
Basically what I am asking from somebody who knows what they are talking about is, does a downscaled 1080p game to 720p look better than a downscaled 900p to 720p game?

Thanks!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#2SigmaLongshotPosted 8/16/2014 4:35:40 AM
No mate. It won't make a difference at all.

1080 refers to the amount of pixels displayed, but if your television doesn't have that amount of pixels to begin with, it'll simply attempt to compensate and "squash" the resolution down to fit your television's highest/native.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
#3RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 4:39:38 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
No mate. It won't make a difference at all.

1080 refers to the amount of pixels displayed, but if your television doesn't have that amount of pixels to begin with, it'll simply attempt to compensate and "squash" the resolution down to fit your television's highest/native.

Thank you! I just wasn't sure...so either way the patch won't effect me. I should probably upgrade my T.V but I figure why bother. I doubt I'd notice much of a difference anyway from the distance I sit at.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#4Sirhc5509Posted 8/16/2014 5:56:24 AM
Resolution wise it won't, but if they sacrificed performance to get to 1080p it will, from what everyone has been saying is that prepatch the Xbox One version ran much better then PS4, but who knows post patch.
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 8/16/2014 6:00:46 AM
Good luck reading any stats/ names of armor pieces though.

That text must be so tiny downscaled no?
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#6Apex-PlayerPosted 8/16/2014 6:03:59 AM
Sirhc5509 posted...
Resolution wise it won't, but if they sacrificed performance to get to 1080p it will, from what everyone has been saying is that prepatch the Xbox One version ran much better then PS4, but who knows post patch.

There was an article about how DF helped blizzard catch the bug in the ps4 version that caused the hiccup.
It's since been resolved with a day 1 patch.

However, who knows how the higher resolution bump will effect the xboxone version.
It was smooth at 900p, but doubling that resolution might cause serious issues.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#7Juzten76Posted 8/16/2014 6:30:22 AM
Sirhc5509 posted...

Post patch I think they both will run great. Blizzard likes their games to run like butter, so I'm sure both versions will be great after they both get the day one patch.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#8ComradeRyanPosted 8/16/2014 9:22:05 AM
Players who link their XBL and/or PSN account with their Battle.net account will receive The Signet Ring of the Blizzard.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023/pick-your-platform-keep-your-save-8-5-2014
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#9plus1zeroPosted 8/18/2014 10:55:45 AM
It honestly doesn't make much of a difference if it stayed 900p and have a 1080p tv. The graphics thing on these consoles is the most overblown thing ever.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#10Dr WhoopassPosted 8/18/2014 2:37:00 PM
The X1 has a 720p setting in the control panel so it's doing the scaling, not your TV.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N