Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2: Weather Graphics Comparison. Forza In Trouble

#1Blinx_CatPosted 8/16/2014 10:15:14 AM
http://n4g.com/news/1567778/driveclub-vs-forza-horizon-2-weather-graphics-comparison-from-gamescom

As you all know, I hate rustling jimmies and slurping up fanboy tears. I avoid at all costs any sort of situation where butthurt or saltiness may occur. Well, that disclaimer would apply if I worked at a website where keeping the peace and maintaining “fairness” and “parity” was par the course, but I’m not that kind of guy and this is not that kind of website. With all that said, there’s a pretty startling look at the graphics disparity between Forza Horison 2 and Driveclub, and I have to say that Sony’s exclusive just completely wipes the floor with Microsoft’s exclusive… as far as weather effects go.

It’s only a 27 second video but it shows enough details to give gamers a look at what to expect from both games, and anyone who was a bit undecided about picking and choosing between the PS4 and Xbox One when it comes to racing game exclusivity will easily see that if graphics play a pretty big part in your buying decision (more than 75% of gamers say graphics matter when purchasing a game, according to a CEA survey). Check out the brief video comparison courtesy of MotoGamesTV.

What do you guys think? Does graphics and all these special effects and do dahs matter for these new gen consoles or are the devs just blowing smoke in our eyes?
#2WarsuhPosted 8/16/2014 10:17:21 AM
Oh no!
#3james259Posted 8/16/2014 10:19:47 AM(edited)
Ugh
They'll both be great games
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#4eastofeastsidePosted 8/16/2014 10:19:41 AM
I was going to get both Drive club and Forza Horizon 2 but you have prevented me from making this mistake!

Thanks, PS4 elite bro, mission accomplished, great post!
#5killerbasaPosted 8/16/2014 10:20:14 AM
Well dang. One racing game that I won't buy has better graphics than the other racing game I won't buy. What ever will I do?

*Goes back to playing Xbox One.
#6Apex-PlayerPosted 8/16/2014 10:20:33 AM
I wish the comparisons of these would stop, Forza isn't even in the same league graphically.
I'm sure it's a fun game but graphics wise it's like comparing ps4 vs xboxone... Oh wait.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#7LandfillAOPosted 8/16/2014 10:25:01 AM(edited)
Open World game Vs track racer? Hmmm. I wonder what's gonna have the better visuals.

And anybody undecided on a console for racing games is far and away going to go with the more realistic game with the most fluid response times and physics that can only be achieved with a higher framerate (I'm speaking of Forza Motorsport here obviously). It's not inconceivable to reach DC's graphical fidelity at 30fps in a track based racer. If it did that at 60fps, different story.

This topic = reaching. Big time.
#8LooksLikeRainPosted 8/16/2014 10:22:49 AM
FH2 rain looks better, in my opinion. DC just looks like you're driving through smoke.

FH2 also looks like it's more fun.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#9Apex-PlayerPosted 8/16/2014 10:24:08 AM
LandfillAO posted...
Open World game Vs track racer? Hmmm. I wonder what's gonna have the better visuals.

And anybody undecided on a console for racing games is far and away going to go with the more realistic game with the most fluid response times and physics that can only be achieved with a higher framerate. It's not inconceivable to reach DC's graphical fidelity at 30fps.

This topic = reaching. Big time.

Feel free to use Forza 5 for comparison if you'd like.
It has rain right?
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#10lunchbox2042Posted 8/16/2014 10:24:51 AM
Doesn't Driveclub only have like 50 cars to choose from?