Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2: Weather Graphics Comparison. Forza In Trouble

#11WarsuhPosted 8/16/2014 10:25:32 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
FH2 rain looks better, in my opinion. DC just looks like you're driving through smoke.

FH2 also looks like it's more fun.

I just died laughing when I read that and then saw your name lol.

Fist bump?
#12Dbs32vPosted 8/16/2014 10:27:36 AM
LandfillAO posted...
Open World game Vs track racer? Hmmm. I wonder what's gonna have the better visuals.

And anybody undecided on a console for racing games is far and away going to go with the more realistic game with the most fluid response times and physics that can only be achieved with a higher framerate (I'm speaking of Forza Motorsport here obviously). It's not inconceivable to reach DC's graphical fidelity at 30fps in a track based racer. If it did that at 60fps, different story.

This topic = reaching. Big time.

They both run at 30 fps.
#13LandfillAOPosted 8/16/2014 10:30:46 AM(edited)
Apex-Player posted...
Feel free to use Forza 5 for comparison if you'd like.
It has rain right?

DC has 200 cars, right? DC has 60fps, right? You really wanna pull at that thread?

Even though Forza 5 was still better than any other racer out on current gen, it was rushed to meet the launch of the One. I'm looking at FM5 as placeholder until the true one comes out, that being FM6. Which I believe will have rain and day/night.

By the way I own a PS4 as well and will be playing DC PS+ edition bt it cannot be anywhere near FM5's level as a pure racer when it runs at 30fps. Any racing fan, Console or PC will tell you framerate is way more important than graphics.

Dbs32v posted...
They both run at 30 fps.

I know. Read my post, I was talking about FM, not FH. But huge difference with DC being a track racer and FH being open world.
#14LooksLikeRainPosted 8/16/2014 10:30:18 AM
Warsuh posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
FH2 rain looks better, in my opinion. DC just looks like you're driving through smoke.

FH2 also looks like it's more fun.

I just died laughing when I read that and then saw your name lol.

Fist bump?

Fist bump!
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#15Rdeal2Posted 8/16/2014 10:30:28 AM
Graphics do matter that's why 30fps for a closed circuit racer is a not good and why are people comparing these games, they are 2 different types of racer, it should be compared to Forza 5 but that would make it look silly because it's only 30fps and its not even a launch title
#16Apex-PlayerPosted 8/16/2014 10:40:16 AM(edited)
The graphically quality in both xboxone Forzas is sloppy.
And they both come with excuses.

Let me know when xboxone has an impressive looking racer this gen, I bet it just won't happen.
For whatever excuses combined.

Also DC doesn't have a bunch of assets it can reuse and modify, those are 50 built from the ground up cars.

/Project Cars is universal middle ground, watch and see how that plays out yeah.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#17ScareCrow361Posted 8/16/2014 10:40:33 AM
Rdeal2 posted...
Graphics do matter that's why 30fps for a closed circuit racer is a not good and why are people comparing these games, they are 2 different types of racer, it should be compared to Forza 5 but that would make it look silly because it's only 30fps and its not even a launch title

This.

If we are gonna make comparisons why dont we us Forza Horizon 2 vs The Crew? While not a Sony exclusive, is a much more realistic comparison. Oh yeah because someone always has to try and poop on the other console to make them feel better.
---
3DS FC: 0645-5801-1587 3DS Name: JZombie
AC:NL: Mike, Mayor of Tokyo.
#18LandfillAOPosted 8/16/2014 10:43:38 AM
Apex-Player posted...
The graphically quality in both xboxone Forzas is sloppy.
And they both come with excuses.

Let me know when xboxone has an impressive looking racer this gen, I bet it just won't happen.
For whatever excuses combined.

Also DC doesn't have a bunch of assets it can reuse and modify, those are 50 built from scratch cars.

Framerate IS a part of graphical fidelity and it has an effect on what kind of graphical fidelity you can reach in other aspects. To deny that is just delusional. DC could never reach it's current graphical fidelity if it shared Forza 5's framerate and the proof is in the fact that it doesn't share FM5's framerate.

I've been playing racing games for years.. I've played every GT game except 6 and every Forza game and everybody like me out there who has been playing racing games for years will tell you framerate > pretty rain effects by a mile.
#19CapwnDPosted 8/16/2014 10:45:24 AM
Blinx_Cat posted...
As you all know, I hate rustling jimmies and slurping up fanboy tears.

Are we supposed to know who you are?
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#20Apex-PlayerPosted 8/16/2014 10:51:36 AM
I guess some of us just want to enjoy races with a friend in a beautiful setting with amazing real time weather.
Others rather race for bragging rights on cardboard tracks, I get it.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh