Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2: Weather Graphics Comparison. Forza In Trouble

#101astutecolliePosted 8/17/2014 2:39:30 AM
Coming from a former gran turismo fanboy, forza is better than gt ever was. I couldnt possibly care less about graphics in racing games. Imcare about the physics, the feel of the cars, tuning options, etc... so knowing that, driveclub is completely irrelevant. It isnt nearly as popular as forza. But hey, the rain looks good right!

Dat salt still burning the ponies... sales and graphics of irrelevant games are what they are hanging their hats on, while the x1 simp,y gets more exclusives and the best games. Hmmmm i do believe i would rather have that. :)
#102Juzten76Posted 8/17/2014 2:42:53 AM
FH 2 looks more fun to me. I have no interest in Driveclub. Forza isn't in trouble at all. This topic makes me feel sorry for people.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#103mokmuudPosted 8/17/2014 2:43:53 AM
astutecollie posted...
Coming from a former gran turismo fanboy, forza is better than gt ever was. I couldnt possibly care less about graphics in racing games. Imcare about the physics, the feel of the cars, tuning options, etc... so knowing that, driveclub is completely irrelevant. It isnt nearly as popular as forza. But hey, the rain looks good right!

Dat salt still burning the ponies... sales and graphics of irrelevant games are what they are hanging their hats on, while the x1 simp,y gets more exclusives and the best games. Hmmmm i do believe i would rather have that. :)

SMH
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#104mokmuudPosted 8/17/2014 2:45:23 AM
Juzten76 posted...
FH 2 looks more fun to me. I have no interest in Driveclub. Forza isn't in trouble at all. This topic makes me feel sorry for people.

Who said Forza was in trouble?
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#105kennyynnooPosted 8/17/2014 3:28:39 AM
Why is Gran Turismo in this conversation....oh that's right because there is no racing games on ps4 and the only one coming soon is a giant turd, driveclub. And we seem to forget this embarrassment...http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5-prologue
Read the first review, game pro gave prologue a 95 lol, just put metacritic comparisons in the trash for that.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#106MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/17/2014 3:53:11 AM
Why are we bothering to take Metacritic seriously? This is the site that gave endless 9/10 reviews to Total War: Rome 2, possibly the biggest piece of s*** in the past 5 years.

Once again, Metacritic suffers from the same tendency that all review sites do; the lesser known, non mainstream sites will avoid giving AAA titles bad reviews so as to avoid being blacklisted from their early press releases. Those sites don't have the clout that IGN, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, etc have, so they can't afford to be blacklisted by titan publishers like EA, Activision, etc. As a result, you get a whole host of random unknown sites giving games 10/10's and 9/10's for games that don't deserve them and the score is skewed.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#107InjusticeRebornPosted 8/17/2014 3:59:04 AM
mokmuud posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Do you read topic titles before clicking them?
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#108Juzten76Posted 8/17/2014 4:13:03 AM
mokmuud posted...
Juzten76 posted...

For real?
---
#109Juzten76Posted 8/17/2014 4:15:45 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Why are we bothering to take Metacritic seriously? This is the site that gave endless 9/10 reviews to Total War: Rome 2, possibly the biggest piece of s*** in the past 5 years.

Once again, Metacritic suffers from the same tendency that all review sites do; the lesser known, non mainstream sites will avoid giving AAA titles bad reviews so as to avoid being blacklisted from their early press releases. Those sites don't have the clout that IGN, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, etc have, so they can't afford to be blacklisted by titan publishers like EA, Activision, etc. As a result, you get a whole host of random unknown sites giving games 10/10's and 9/10's for games that don't deserve them and the score is skewed.

Ok, then just pick out sites you consider reputable, average the score and show us how much better GT is than Forza.
---
#110LandfillAOPosted 8/17/2014 4:26:21 AM
mokmuud posted...
And those 3 GT games still sold way more than all 5 Forza games. So obviously the gamers wanted GT more.

Great. Citizen Cain, The Godfather and more all bombed at the theaters and are classics in movie culture while Transformers blew them all away in ticket sales. Which is better? Stop that nonsense.

It also has to do heavily with demographic. Racing is much bigger in Europe where MS is not nearly as popular as Sony.

mokmuud posted...
What you consider best is subjective. 2-4m sales compared to 10-11m sales isn't subjective. I never said it was better all said is a lot more people like GT as a series compared to Forza. That's not an opinion that's a fact. It's also a fact that the latest releases of both series rated lower than the previous entries.

Even if it's subjective, it is universally agreed upon by anyone not a Sony fanboy. Critics, multiconsole owners (like me) etc. It is the best racing franchise, as per the critical reception, of the last decade plus and as you said, that's not an opinion, that is fact.

Gran Turismo can have sales. Forza has universally agreed upon quality.