Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2: Weather Graphics Comparison. Forza In Trouble

#111MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/17/2014 5:46:46 AM
Juzten76 posted...
MasteroftheArts posted...
Why are we bothering to take Metacritic seriously? This is the site that gave endless 9/10 reviews to Total War: Rome 2, possibly the biggest piece of s*** in the past 5 years.

Once again, Metacritic suffers from the same tendency that all review sites do; the lesser known, non mainstream sites will avoid giving AAA titles bad reviews so as to avoid being blacklisted from their early press releases. Those sites don't have the clout that IGN, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, etc have, so they can't afford to be blacklisted by titan publishers like EA, Activision, etc. As a result, you get a whole host of random unknown sites giving games 10/10's and 9/10's for games that don't deserve them and the score is skewed.

Ok, then just pick out sites you consider reputable, average the score and show us how much better GT is than Forza.

No, because I think Forza is superior to GT. My post was not some GT reassurance post. It was entirely about people using Metacritic as a reliable authority when it isn't. If Metacritic shows that Forza has a higher rating, it still doesn't matter. Using Metacritic is a flawed way to determine critical reception.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#112kennyynnooPosted 8/17/2014 5:55:26 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Why are we bothering to take Metacritic seriously? This is the site that gave endless 9/10 reviews to Total War: Rome 2, possibly the biggest piece of s*** in the past 5 years.

Once again, Metacritic suffers from the same tendency that all review sites do; the lesser known, non mainstream sites will avoid giving AAA titles bad reviews so as to avoid being blacklisted from their early press releases. Those sites don't have the clout that IGN, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, etc have, so they can't afford to be blacklisted by titan publishers like EA, Activision, etc. As a result, you get a whole host of random unknown sites giving games 10/10's and 9/10's for games that don't deserve them and the score is skewed.

Ok, then just pick out sites you consider reputable, average the score and show us how much better GT is than Forza.

No, because I think Forza is superior to GT. My post was not some GT reassurance post. It was entirely about people using Metacritic as a reliable authority when it isn't. If Metacritic shows that Forza has a higher rating, it still doesn't matter. Using Metacritic is a flawed way to determine critical reception.

Not to mention forza 5 added what 2-3 tracks since release for free, lots more cars. Those scores are inaccurate.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#113Juzten76Posted 8/17/2014 6:33:39 AM
Juzten76 posted...

Sorry about that. I'm so used to every fanboy crediting or discrediting every website that doesn't fit their agenda I forget there are actually people posting honestly.

I don't really use any review source as the authority. There are some games I don't care for that get a high rating on metacritic, but I can still see the appeal. Bad games don't get universal acclaim so metacritic is still an easy way to point out games that a gamer may want to look into purchasing. The scores on metacritic are fairly representative of what the majority of gamers think of a game. It's the user reviews that should be avoided at all cost. Thanks to trolls, we've come full circle. I remember trusting user reviews over professional reviews and now it's the other way around.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#114spacejamjordanzPosted 8/17/2014 6:36:51 AM(edited)
kennyynnoo posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Not to mention forza 5 added what 2-3 tracks since release for free, lots more cars. Those scores are inaccurate.

^^By that logic then just about every game that had post launch dlc was scored inaccurately. That's just ridiculous. Games are reviewed AS IS upon release. Nothing more.. nothing less.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#115lightfighterPosted 8/17/2014 6:36:43 AM
They'll both be good, imo.
#116spacejamjordanzPosted 8/17/2014 6:38:00 AM
lightfighter posted...
They'll both be good, imo.

I agree. They will be, but the fanboys will ignorantly bash the one they don't have the option to play.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#117MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/17/2014 6:44:36 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Juzten76 posted...

The scores are inaccurate because the critics just assumed that a title which is re-creating all of its content will have an equal amount of content to its previous installment which simply ports over its content from a previous installment. Virtually all of the criticism of Forza 5 was the supposed lack of content. Every other aspect of the game was glowing.

Also, this criticism of racers for lack of content is stupid. It's not as if the dev's are being purposefully lazy in putting out tracks and cars. The amount of content you can put out has a direct effect on both the quality of that content and the development time necessary to create it. For example, people are complaining about 50 cars at release for Driveclub. Yes. It takes a lot of time and manpower to create cars for a racing game. Those cars are going to look amazing because they're investing a huge amount of time into a small number of them. Just like how Turn 10 spent a huge amount of time in the 14 tracks that shipped. Quality > Quantity.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#118ILikesCheesePosted 8/17/2014 6:47:59 AM
CapwnD posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Sure is convenient to have 2 Forzas in the span of a year though, definitively shared a few key things I bet.

Yeah it would be great if Playstation could have that.

Instead we get Delay Club and Gran Delaymo.

Its much better to actually have a completed, finished, true next gen game rather than a rushed, minimal, last gen up-converted mess. Microsoft pushed Forza 5 out for the Xbox One launch. Sony could have done the same to turn a buck as well but didn't.

I know what game and company I would rather spend my money on.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#119kennyynnooPosted 8/17/2014 6:56:46 AM
spacejamjordanz posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Juzten76 posted...

^^By that logic then just about every game that had post launch dlc was scored inaccurately. That's just ridiculous. Games are reviewed AS IS upon release. Nothing more.. nothing less.

Yeah but as a racing fan do you care about the release score or the final product? Those 3 tracks make a difference in a purchase. If we use metacritic then according to it I'm just as good buying Gran Turismo 5 prologue over forza 5, and thats silly.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#120velvet_hammerPosted 8/17/2014 7:05:09 AM
Lol forzas sim physics are a joke compared to GT. Who cares about standard cars lolwz this is a sim racer not sim photography.
---
Lyrical masterpiece, shutter island before the movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ChdeidHyk