Driveclub Vs Forza Horizon 2: Weather Graphics Comparison. Forza In Trouble

#41richboy900Posted 8/16/2014 11:30:57 AM
Are the cars ported again in gt6 like they were in gt5? I bet the car engines still sound terrible.
#42ScRuiPosted 8/16/2014 11:31:23 AM
BTW mokmuud

Forza Motorsport 3 was released in 2009 and

Gran Tourism 5 was released in 2010

If you want ... Go farther back as GT4 in 2005 LOL

Whatever fits your bias better...

Forza > GT ... Has been for years...

For me GT hasnt stepped up since GT3... Forza Motorsport 3 completely made my switch permanent... Balls on GTs court to regain what they have lost...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#43SigmaLongshotPosted 8/16/2014 11:35:08 AM
In general, topics with such a half-hearted attempt at veiling an agenda really make me wonder what's in the head of the topic creator.

I mean, what's the impetus there? Did Xbox kill your dad and stand laughing over your infantile figure?

I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the "Oh no, you guys are going to suffer now!" stance when it comes to digitally-generated toy environments for the sole purpose of recreational escapism.

"Your form of escapism isn't the same type of escapism! Now we're mortal enemies!"

I just... I can't even fathom the plane of logic. Honestly.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
#44youngskillzPosted 8/16/2014 11:40:00 AM
forza looks better tc.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#45spacejamjordanzPosted 8/16/2014 12:03:12 PM(edited)
Coming from a guy that played GT5 extensively, I will agree that Forza has surpassed GT in my eyes as well. Forza 3 solidified that for me. GT is the one that has ground to make up and to prove that it isn't a franchise that is ultimately past it's prime. Forza beats GT in the majority of categories that matter. GT6 is the game that GT5 should have been, but still has a way to go. GT sold more, but Forza is higher rated for a reason and it shows.

Sales =/= quality

As far as this asinine comparison goes, FH2 and DC are two different beasts. Even though they are both casual racers. When you think of how each game came to be. DriveClub is a brand new IP built from scratch by a smaller, but focused studio(Evolution). Them and nobody else. Everything you see in DriveClub, they built from the ground up themselves. The content pales in comparison the Horizon 2, but it will only grow with sequels. For a first game, DriveClub is not bad. What I have seen these past few months has left me impressed. Even their engine sounds are better than Gran Turismo's. Supposedly the engine sound recordings in DriveClub are so authentic, that a couple of car manufacturers requested copies to replace their own libraries.

Forza Horizon is a spinoff series that uses a great deal assets from it's parent franchise. A good chunk of the work is already done for the lead team (Playground), and they are still being supported by Turn 10 on the project. The cars I'm driving right now in Forza 5, I'll be driving in Horizon 2 next month. So honestly I feel it's fair to expect more from Horizon 2, and we are getting it. I'll be playing Horizon 2 more, but I'm still willing to give DriveClub a shot.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#46ScRuiPosted 8/16/2014 12:04:46 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Coming from a guy that played GT5 extensively, I will agree that Forza has surpassed GT in my eyes as well. Forza 3 solidified that for me. GT is the one that has ground to make up and to prove that it isn't a franchise that is ultimately past it's prime. Forza beats GT in the majority of categories that matter. GT6 is the game that GT5 should have been, but still has a way to go. GT sold more, but Forza is higher rated for a reason and it shows.

Sales =/= quality

As far as this asinine comparison goes, FH2 and DC are two different beasts. Even though they are both casual racers. When you think of how each game came to be. DriveClub is a brand new IP built from scratch by a smaller, but focused studio(Evolution). Them and nobody else. Everything you see in DriveClub, they built from the ground up themselves. The content pales in comparison the Horizon 2, but it will only grow with sequels. For a first game, DriveClub is not bad. What I have seen these past few months has left me impressed. Even their engine sounds are better than Gran Turismo's. Supposedly the engine sound recordings in DriveClub are so authentic, that a couple of car manufacturers requested copies to replace their own libraries.

Forza Horizon is a spinoff series that uses a great deal assets from it's parent franchise. A good chunk of the work is already done for the lead team (Playground), and they are still being supported by Turn 10 on the project. The cars I'm driving right now in Forza 5, I'll be driving in Horizon 2 next month. So honestly I feel it's fair to expect more from Horizon 2, and we are getting it. I'll be playing Horizon 2 more, but I'm still willing to give DriveClub a shot.

This...

/topic
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#47Blinx_Cat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 12:43:26 PM
youngskillz posted...
forza looks better tc.

Not according to the facts.
#48Flybn11Posted 8/16/2014 12:49:43 PM
I'm no longer getting Forze Horizon 2 because of the weather. /Sarcasm
#49MusuoJoePosted 8/16/2014 12:58:45 PM
Board User Information

User Name Blinx_Cat
User ID 7010124
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now view own posting history.
Account Created Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:38 PM
Last Visit Saturday, August 16, 2014 1:56 PM
Karma 3
Active Messages Posted 28

Why do people with these new accounts come in and repeat the same old news on a daily basis?
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#50axelfooley2k5Posted 8/16/2014 1:00:17 PM
MusuoJoe posted...
Board User Information

User Name Blinx_Cat
User ID 7010124
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now view own posting history.
Account Created Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:38 PM
Last Visit Saturday, August 16, 2014 1:56 PM
Karma 3
Active Messages Posted 28

Why do people with these new accounts come in and repeat the same old news on a daily basis?

BUSTED!!!!!
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw