Should Microsoft sell off the Xbox brand? X1 responsible for 400 Million Loss

#61nickr2d2Posted 8/17/2014 12:19:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, don't companies lose money on consoles, and make it up with subscriptions and games? Sony also took a hit with the PS4.

Uh oh... I'VE TAKEN THE BAIT! SOMEONE HELP!
---
Monocle monocle tophat monocle
#62astutecolliePosted 8/17/2014 12:26:22 PM(edited)
nickr2d2 posted...
If I'm not mistaken, don't companies lose money on consoles, and make it up with subscriptions and games? Sony also took a hit with the PS4.

Yes. Sony ultimately lost 2 bil on the ps3 alone.
#63MAZZIVEdamagePosted 8/17/2014 12:36:32 PM
nickr2d2 posted...

Once upon a time that was the general idea. That however, obviously, is not a functioning plan in these day and ages.
#64SupernautusPosted 8/17/2014 12:41:17 PM
So can anyone tell me, how much money did the 360 lose in its first year, because all consoles are losing companies money in the first year.
#65skermacPosted 8/17/2014 12:45:08 PM
Yes MS makes PC's now. Ever heard of the Surface?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#66labountiPosted 8/17/2014 12:58:59 PM
Sony is like a Broke Father who paid for his son's college where the son just now gets a career and makes money and takes care of himself and helps dad out.

Where MS is like a wealthy father who's son is in his 6th year of college and still 20 credits from graduation blows his and his dads money on his friends, drugs, parties and women and still needs his dad to pay his rent.

Nintendo is that wealthy dad who keeps losing money on bad business decisions because he won't fire his experienced but out of touch son who runs the business.

Imagine if Wealthy dad #2 hired the in touch but wasteful spending son to run his business on a strict budget...... hmm

And that successful son cut all ties to supporting his dying dad.