Crytek: "We Are Not 100% Happy With Xbox One Sales".Microsoft in hot water again

#1Blinx_CatPosted 8/16/2014 12:18:16 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/crytek-we-are-not-100-happy-with-xbox-one-sales/1100-6421586/

See this is why console sales matter. Developers will eventually lose interest and develope only for the console with more sales. So far PS4 and Wii U are well ahead of Xbox One and with Super Smash Bros coming out soon that alone will more than triple Wii U sales.
#2ExempliGratiaPosted 8/16/2014 12:20:13 PM
Another topic by you and another topic that was discussed before. I'm starting to see a trend here.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 8/16/2014 12:21:27 PM(edited)
I saw this topic and thought maybe I accidentally clicked "Last Page" on the topic list.

Also, it's funny that they're blaming Xbox sales instead of admitting they made a mediocre game.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#4duericPosted 8/16/2014 12:20:34 PM
Crytek? They should probably worry about themselves first.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5LorneMaIvoPosted 8/16/2014 12:21:31 PM
Damn, the bad news just keeps on piling up for the Xbox One! Ouch...
#6DojoMaxPosted 8/16/2014 12:22:02 PM
Blinx_Cat posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/crytek-we-are-not-100-happy-with-xbox-one-sales/1100-6421586/

See this is why console sales matter. Developers will eventually lose interest and develope only for the console with more sales. So far PS4 and Wii U are well ahead of Xbox One and with Super Smash Bros coming out soon that alone will more than triple Wii U sales.

That's fantastic. Just means that they won't make exclusives for X1. If their next game is a pretty tech-demo with no substance like the last one, developing for multiple consoles or just PS4 or whatever, won't help it. Unless they add a ton of content or give it away for like 20 bucks, don't expect the PC version of RYSE to sell better than the X1 version.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#7Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/16/2014 12:24:09 PM
Gamers: "We Are Not 100% Happy With Your Last Crappy Game Called Ryse".Crytek in hot water again
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#8NeoMonkPosted 8/16/2014 12:25:22 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
I saw this topic and thought maybe I accidentally clicked "Last Page" on the topic list.
Also, it's funny that they're blaming Xbox sales instead of admitting they made a mediocre game.

Funny to hear you say that because dronies were attacking the WII U when EA came out and said the same thing about their sales figures... All signs pointed at the pathetic mediocre ports the WII U got from EA yet they blamed sales and all of the trolls had no problem siding with EA.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#9Wii_TruthPosted 8/16/2014 12:29:18 PM(edited)
Crytek sucks. They are more focused on making pretty pictures than decent games. I hope they cave from their own stupidity in putting millions of dollars in tech engines. Seriously, Far Cry is their only decent series, and that is already slated for Xbox One. I am not upset by this.
#10YakashiPosted 8/16/2014 12:26:48 PM
There are more than enough xbox ones out there in consumers hands. Ryse didn't perform badly because of x1 sales. It performed badly because the general consensus is that it's a terrible game.

If MCC sells 400k copies then you can start making claims like this. But when it's a game that most users and critics have said is terrible, it doesn't really mean anything.

As a comparison, infamous second son only sold 500k more copies than Ryse yet the install base is far bigger. People don't buy games because they have to. They buy them because they want to. People didn't buy either of those games, not because of a small install base...but because they both, supposedly, suck.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.