How well do the Astro A50 Wireless headphones work on XBox One?

#1TheBorderColliePosted 8/16/2014 9:01:28 PM
Do they work well? Or am I better off with something else?

On a related note, how good are the Turtle Beach Titanfall headphones?
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#2MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/16/2014 9:02:29 PM
They're ASTROnomical!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#3stinkmeaner23Posted 8/16/2014 9:08:07 PM
They are the best gaming headsets I've ever owned. They're worth every penny.
#4lunaticcorePosted 8/16/2014 9:11:20 PM
Astros are legit.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#5PominAusPosted 8/16/2014 9:12:18 PM
If you've waited this long, I'd give it a bit longer since newer headsets will be released soon. I'm waiting for TB Ear Force Stealth X500 to check out reviews.
#6velvet_hammerPosted 8/16/2014 9:12:25 PM
They dont work well with anything. Extremely over priced its the iphone of headsets
---
Lyrical masterpiece, shutter island before the movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ChdeidHyk
#7TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 9:12:37 PM
stinkmeaner23 posted...

I'm assuming you're talking about the Astros and not the Turtle Beaches... How easily do they hook up to the XB1? Where does the base plug in?

Also, have you tried movies / Blu-ray on them? How do they sound?
---
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#8velvet_hammerPosted 8/16/2014 9:13:51 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
stinkmeaner23 posted...

I'm assuming you're talking about the Astros and not the Turtle Beaches... How easily do they hook up to the XB1? Where does the base plug in?

Now you wanna movie with them as well? Please please stay away from astro, tb, tritten, sony or any other junk brand
---
Lyrical masterpiece, shutter island before the movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ChdeidHyk
#9SVT52986Posted 8/16/2014 9:16:56 PM
I have had my A50s since December and they work great with the One. Much better after they added dolby digital support via update. To me they are worth every penny as I wanted a great sounding wireless headset and they are just that. Throw in how comfortable they are as an added bonus. As for the Turtle Beach Titanfall headset, it is cheaper than the A50 if you are looking to save money. It is a stereo headset and not surround like the A50s. I bought a pair at Best Buy and returned a week later as they were not good enough to replace my A50s. They do sound nice but they are not nearly as comfortable as the Astros. They have more clamping pressure on your head and I could not live with them. If you want to go the Turtle Beach route I would suggest the XO Sevens as they are only $10 more than the Atlas headset but far more comfortable.
#10TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 9:17:45 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
TheBorderCollie posted...
stinkmeaner23 posted...

Now you wanna movie with them as well? Please please stay away from astro, tb, tritten, sony or any other junk brand

It's hard to take that as a serious comment when you just claimed this in a post above:

velvet_hammer posted...
They dont work well with anything.

Really? Nothing at all? I find that hard to believe based on what I've read so far.
---