Have you checked your NAT type?

#1ShowStoppa24Posted 8/16/2014 9:34:41 PM(edited)
I have been having trouble with talking to a buddy in a party the last few days, so I looked up what it could be. I was told to check my NAT and sure enough it was set on strict. I found this video on YouTube on how to open it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCjScH9xNc

When went to fix it I was told that my MUT was too low, so I needed to fix that 1st. After I did I just followed the steps in the video and now my NAT is open! If I had never checked it I would have been still having issues and my MUT would be wrong. Also, it takes about 3 minutes to fix if it is set to moderate/strict and you do it right on the xbox one.
---
Not changing this sig until the Huskers win a National Championship. Started July 2003
#2MusuoJoePosted 8/16/2014 9:29:40 PM
Glad you got that worked out then.. Might want to share a link with gaming friends?
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#3Crystyn_7BPosted 8/16/2014 9:44:11 PM
You can access more detailed information on your NAT by hitting LB + RB + LT + RT after getting the results of multiplayer connection test.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#4ShowStoppa24(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 9:45:59 PM
Yeah, that's exactly how he does it in the video. He hits that and then waits for the NAT information to show up and then hits A and it fixes it.
---
Not changing this sig until the Huskers win a National Championship. Started July 2003
#5CapwnDPosted 8/16/2014 10:09:53 PM
That probably doesn't fix anything, you can't fix a problem like that like that.

If it's a problem where you have a gateway (modem + router combo) and you're also using a router, that's a double NAT. That won't fix it.

What that probably does is clears something and retests, and it turns out that there wasn't a problem at all. It was probably just testing wrong.

Your Xbox may say "moderate" or "strict" if you use the quick start function. Doing that trick might reset it and make it test correctly. Or, you could completely reboot the xbox and that too should fix the problem.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#6CapwnDPosted 8/18/2014 6:14:18 PM
^ I tried that thing with the RB +LB +RT +LT.

Pretty neat, I like how it gives a detailed description. But doing that isn't and cannot actually fix anything, other than maybe resetting the network settings on the Xbox.

If IPv6 was in place, none of this would be an issue... I really wish that would happen. That, and I wish gamers who play twitch multiplayer games would take their heads out of their butts and game wired.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!