Let's remember that the PS2 had the weakest hardware of its generation...

#41schmarkenheimerPosted 8/17/2014 8:17:18 AM
snakes_codec posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
People are forgetting you can play PS1 games on PS2, PS1 games like FF7,8,9,Resident Evil1-3,MGS1,Suikoden,GTA,Driver,BreathofFire3-4, and alot more. PS2 was godlike with PS1 library.

Plus the DVD player damn what a system it was :)

And it was cheaper and released earlier v MS's more expensive, unknown platform with less support.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#42ZatchBellPosted 8/17/2014 8:24:07 AM
Nes beat Master System that was a stronger system
Super Nes did eventually beat the Genesis
Playstation crushed the Nintendo 64
Playstation 2 crushed the xbox and the gamecube
Wii beat the ps3 and the xbox 360 last gen.

Only time that the strongest system visually won was super nintendo. Most consumers will not notice any difference between ps4 and xbox one games. I am a gamer and I do not notice or care. So saying that power is all that matters is proven false by prior history. Xbox one will have a comeback this Fall has a strong line up. The bundles will move units too. MIcrosoft made mistakes with xbox one, but since Phil Spencer has taken the helm they are doing all the right things with xbox one.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#43Hucast9Posted 8/17/2014 8:28:55 AM
snakes_codec posted...
Hucast9 posted...
I think that it's not a fair comparison to compare the PS2 generation to new generation. Back when the PS2 launched, the internet wasn't as widespread as it is today. Video games sales are being determined by popular opinion from internet forums.

Just look at the PS4. If you're not in a really cool room, then it's likely that the PS4 will become very noisy just like a fat Xbox 360 or fat PS3. Why would I want a nosiy system like that?
my PS4 isn't loud neither is any of my friends .

The PS4 is capable of getting very noisy regardless of whether your's or your friends' consoles are noisy or not. Telling someone that your console is quiet is meaningless. For all we know, you could be playing in a room that is 70 degrees or lower. Look at this topic with people saying that it's noisy:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69829849
#44garcia_jxPosted 8/17/2014 8:35:34 AM
Monkeymage posted...
And it ended up selling the most units. Food for thought.

It would be comparable; however, there is one thing you forgot--one big thing, actually. I say about 80 percent of the games were exclusives when it was around. Now,I say that 80 percent of games are multiplatform. So weaker hardware does have an effect on what consumers buy.

Food for thought.
#45mokmuudPosted 8/17/2014 8:46:43 AM
Hucast9 posted...
snakes_codec posted...
Hucast9 posted...
I think that it's not a fair comparison to compare the PS2 generation to new generation. Back when the PS2 launched, the internet wasn't as widespread as it is today. Video games sales are being determined by popular opinion from internet forums.

Just look at the PS4. If you're not in a really cool room, then it's likely that the PS4 will become very noisy just like a fat Xbox 360 or fat PS3. Why would I want a nosiy system like that?
my PS4 isn't loud neither is any of my friends .

The PS4 is capable of getting very noisy regardless of whether your's or your friends' consoles are noisy or not. Telling someone that your console is quiet is meaningless. For all we know, you could be playing in a room that is 70 degrees or lower. Look at this topic with people saying that it's noisy:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69829849

According to DF from 1 meter away there is only a 1db difference between Xbox One And PS4 under heavy work loads.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#462ndAtomiskPosted 8/20/2014 11:33:51 AM
DynaEmu posted...
Weaker than the Gamecube? I don't believe it. I'll have to look into this.

Gamecube came out a year later. Naturally it'd be more powerful.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#47hotmj023Posted 8/20/2014 11:35:04 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
you're... comparing the PS2 to the Xbox One...

Almost a fair comparison
---
FF7 - 8.9
ff13 - 7.0 - Majority rules
#48Robin_MaskPosted 8/20/2014 11:42:03 AM
The funny thing about two console generations ago...

Playstation 2 had a huge advantage, not just because it came out first either.

- Playstation was already established since the gen before.

- Many people knew who Nintendo and Sony were for gaming.

- Lots of franchises like Crash, Spyro, Twisted Metal and Final Fantasy showed what a Playstation could do. So with expecting sequels, no doubt the hype was there.

- Xbox was a whole new system and a big risk since it was a new competitor and even Sega just stopped with consoles due to the Dreamcast.

- I think Nintendo didn't impress that many people the gen before, especially with CGI cutscenes and other stuff that cartridges could not do. Hell, they lost Final Fantasy also.

It isn't just a "weaker/stronger" thing, it's looking into the entire era, not just from basics.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#49scoobydoobydontPosted 8/20/2014 11:42:19 AM
mokmuud posted...
PS3 surpassed the 360.

According to you and lolchartz.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#50scoobydoobydontPosted 8/20/2014 11:43:34 AM
DynaEmu posted...
Weaker than the Gamecube? I don't believe it. I'll have to look into this.

Yes. Power was Xbox>GC>>>>PS2>DC
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg