The 3rd Gender identity slider thread, with poll!

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 8/16/2014 10:03:07 PM
Should games include a gender identity slider? - Results (23 votes)
yes
30.43% (7 votes)
no
69.57% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Why are there 2 (now 3) threads on this subject on the main page? Was there recent news about gender confused gamers feeling under represented by the binary gender selection options? Is Saint's row a pioneer in the games industry when it comes to the representation of cross gender persons?
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#2lunaticcorePosted 8/16/2014 10:07:30 PM
There was one actual topic, then a topic trolling that one with a stupid picture and then now yours responding the to fact that two topics already exist.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#3pnut3844Posted 8/16/2014 10:32:16 PM
You can cross dress in dr3 it's hilarious
---
A good game is a good game, regardless of system, res, framerate, and sales. Same goes for systems.
#4ZEROskater056Posted 8/16/2014 10:32:53 PM
One was sexual orientation the other was gender identity, those are not the same thing. Regardless if they are trolling or not they are different topics.
---
XBOX GT: ZEROskater056
FC 1564-2871-6327
#5GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 10:34:43 PM
ZEROskater056 posted...
One was sexual orientation the other was gender identity, those are not the same thing. Regardless if they are trolling or not they are different topics.

So they are, WHOOPSIES
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#6dementedlullabyPosted 8/16/2014 10:39:49 PM
The thing I don't understand is that cross gender people consider themselves a member of the opposite sex correct? From what I understand they don't want to be labeled as a chick that's a dude or a guy that's a chick. They want to be accepted as a member of the opposite sex. Or at least that's the idea anyhow.

Doesn't that mean (if they feel that their gaming choices for some reason need to reflect their gender/choice which is something I will never understand) they should select the gender of their choosing? Why would they want some in-between gender? I'm actually curious.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#7Charity_DiaryPosted 8/16/2014 10:59:07 PM
lunaticcore posted...
There was one actual topic, then a topic trolling that one with a stupid picture and then now yours responding the to fact that two topics already exist.

Uhhh my topic came first, thank you very much. The one with the picture of the rainbow slider? That was mine.
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#8SoulTrapperPosted 8/17/2014 12:29:46 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
The thing I don't understand is that cross gender people consider themselves a member of the opposite sex correct? From what I understand they don't want to be labeled as a chick that's a dude or a guy that's a chick. They want to be accepted as a member of the opposite sex. Or at least that's the idea anyhow.

Doesn't that mean (if they feel that their gaming choices for some reason need to reflect their gender/choice which is something I will never understand) they should select the gender of their choosing? Why would they want some in-between gender? I'm actually curious.

Check the CIS privilege on this one! j/k

There are some people who feel that they are none of the two genders.
They feel they are somewhere in between and don't want to identify as either one of these genders and don't believe that gender is binary, but that it has multiple facets.
A lot of them want to be addressed with special pronouns, such as "ze" or "hir".

So far the explanation, the rest is my personal opinion:

It's pretty much the same thing as being a punker or a hippy was a few decades ago: a way for teenagers and some grown individuals to rebel against society.

Now because it has gotten quite popular these days, they feel the need to get everything to cater to them specifically.

It's the equivalent of demanding every game to give you the option to select whether your character likes oatmeal or cornflakes: most of the time, it's entirely irrelevant to the game itself and how it's played.