Ryse, Forza, and Dead Rising 3 are all getting GOTY editions on X1???

#11a687947Posted 8/16/2014 11:50:32 PM
Sabram posted...
holden4ever posted...
Sabram posted...
I would expect the DR3 and Ryse PC versions to have that stuff included, or at least it'll be available on PC as well.

From the Steam store page:

Bonus Downloadable Content – All four of the “Untold Stories of Los Perdidos” downloadable add-on packs are now included. Each add-on chapter focuses on a different protagonist and gives players access to crazy new weapons and vehicles that carry over to the main game.

Sabram posted...
The Forza one is cool though, even though the microtransactions in that game have put me off from ever playing it.

You can play it without ever needing them so I don't see what your problem is. A lot of games have them or will have them but they are completely optional.

Yeah, i know a lot of games have them, what put me off though are the prices associated with it, and the fact that it seems like the in game grind to obtain those same items that can be bought was made worse to encourage the microtransactions.

Wasn't Forza 5 the game that was reported to have a $100 DLC car? No thank you.

Every DLC car is added to your garage for free when you buy the $10 packs so no, there is no $100 car...
#12holden4everPosted 8/16/2014 11:51:13 PM
$100 car? Not as far as I know. It's $65AU for the car pass and $25 or $30 for VIP. I want the cars but not for that price. I might just get the GOTY and sell the game.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#13SabramPosted 8/16/2014 11:58:10 PM
a687947 posted...
Sabram posted...
holden4ever posted...
Sabram posted...
I would expect the DR3 and Ryse PC versions to have that stuff included, or at least it'll be available on PC as well.

From the Steam store page:

Bonus Downloadable Content – All four of the “Untold Stories of Los Perdidos” downloadable add-on packs are now included. Each add-on chapter focuses on a different protagonist and gives players access to crazy new weapons and vehicles that carry over to the main game.

Sabram posted...
The Forza one is cool though, even though the microtransactions in that game have put me off from ever playing it.

You can play it without ever needing them so I don't see what your problem is. A lot of games have them or will have them but they are completely optional.

Yeah, i know a lot of games have them, what put me off though are the prices associated with it, and the fact that it seems like the in game grind to obtain those same items that can be bought was made worse to encourage the microtransactions.

Wasn't Forza 5 the game that was reported to have a $100 DLC car? No thank you.

Every DLC car is added to your garage for free when you buy the $10 packs so no, there is no $100 car...

it might have been one of those "buy ingame currency" microtransactions, where the amount of currency you needed to get the most expensive car added up to $100? I dont remember clearly.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#14SPACEHAWKS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 12:16:20 AM
holden4ever posted...
I might just get the GOTY and sell the game.

Don't sell your game yet until these are officially confirmed! So far this is the only website that seems to list them.
#15holden4everPosted 8/17/2014 12:25:02 AM
I've got the digital copy of Forza 5 that came with my console so I'll be selling the GOTY copy. Hopefully it's not too expensive so it makes buying it for the DLC worth it.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#16AcquirePosted 8/17/2014 12:30:58 AM
If you google it you'll get a bunch of game news results about it being announced for release at the end of July. They all picked up this story from IGN though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/06/forza-5-racing-game-of-the-year-edition-revealed

Nothing seems to have actually happened.

Any other news for the other games are based off of retailer listings.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#17TenzhiPosted 8/17/2014 1:07:42 AM
holden4ever posted...
I hope this means the DLC will get a price reduction. I got the game for free but it costs too much for the extra cars to consider buying them.

I got the game for free, and then spent the money I would've otherwise spent on the game itself on purchasing the season pass. Which, given that the GOTY edition is reportedly only getting one car pack free, seems like the better deal.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#18SPACEHAWKS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 6:02:38 AM
Okay so Forza is coming out, what about Dead Rising/Ryse? There seems to be no information about those versions for X1 on the internet at all except for the retailer website in the original post...
#19SPACEHAWKS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 1:24:36 PM
Does anyone know for sure?