Region activation problems? Japan launch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Region activation problems? Japan launch

User Info: whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji
2 years ago#1
Hello,
I am an American living in Japan and the Xbox One is finally coming out here on September 4h. I have a xbox 360 with a Japanese and American Live account and never had any problems. I was thinking about getting Xbox One because the launch games here are really good, but I have some questions...

If I activate the system here, can I eventually bring it back to the US? It will work ok?

Most reports say that hard copy American game discs will work, but I can't download games with my us live account? Is that really true? I've always done that before.

Also, if I bought prepaid cards for Live or MS points they wouldn't work here even if I was logged into my American account?

Thanks! I just want to make sure that a Japanese system would work well whether in America or Japan since I move back and forth a lot... Any help would be appreciated!

User Info: MusuoJoe

MusuoJoe
2 years ago#2
I really don't know myself. Polite bump..
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
2 years ago#3
Console is region free, no problem with games. With buying digital on the system I think any credit card will work, I haven't tried it myself but I remember a bunch of Canadians, UK and other region users had no problem buying a America only digital title by using the built in region switcher. Multiple accounts are no longer needed on the Xbox One.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.

User Info: whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji
2 years ago#4
Oh! It has a region switcher? That's good news! I hardly ever used my American account on my 360 except to download a few games and demos.

What I really want to do is to buy a Japanese Xbox One, and use my main account in Japan for a while and then in America when I go back. I was worried that a Japanese system (even if being used in America) wouldn't be able to buy DLC, downloadable games, point cards and LIVE prepaid cards from America.

User Info: lokinineteen

lokinineteen
2 years ago#5
Im in the UK and have bought a $50 gift card to buy BF4 premium on sale the other week and had no problems. Just switch the consoles region, download the game and switch back, I then downloaded the dlcs for the game from the consoles original UK region.

On Tuesday Ill be doing the same Diablo 3 unless I can pick it up in Tescos for around 40 as a $50 card cost me just over 30 last time I did it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Region activation problems? Japan launch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived