Games that actually need a current gen re-master?

#111VeiledGenesisPosted 8/17/2014 9:05:32 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
With so many games getting a current gen re-master (Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Halo) what games would you say would actually deserve or need a current gen re-master?

4 games is "so many"?

Well, 5, if you count Wind Waker HD.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#112ZerabpPosted 8/17/2014 9:22:18 PM
I don't have a XB1but in the spirit of Xbox here's my list

Call of Cuthulu
Otogi 1 and 2
Kingdoms Under Fire
Panzer Dragoon
Ninja Gaiden
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#113FinzFan4lifePosted 8/17/2014 9:27:20 PM
Shenmue 1 and 2 and then release 3 lol
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#114DeschainRedPosted 8/17/2014 9:29:21 PM
Dungeon Keeper.
#115vashkeyPosted 8/17/2014 9:57:33 PM(edited)
VeiledGenesis posted...
With so many games getting a current gen re-master (Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Halo) what games would you say would actually deserve or need a current gen re-master?

4 games is "so many"?

But wait, there's more! Resident Evil, Grim Fandango, Metro Redux and GTA V

And lets not forget about all these ports that aren't labeled remasters but still came out last gen like Fez, Minecraft, Journey, Flower, Awesomenauts, Diablo 3, Happy Wars, Pinball FX 2, The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, The Wolf Among Us and Hotline Miami!

I don't mind porting/rereleasing/remastering, but it's pretty bad when they're the highlights for brand new consoles and coming out this frequently. The Last of Us Remastered and MCC are basically the most hyped "exclusives" for the back end of the year for these systems. And they haven't even been out for a whole year. At least with PS360 the remasters didn't start coming until the later part of the generation and they definitely weren't the stand out releases for the year.

Edit: btw, I'm letting the ports of previously PC exclusive titles like Warframe and Goat Simulator slide, because at least those are entirely new to console only players, but entirely new games are preferable.
#116xacebopPosted 8/17/2014 9:53:52 PM
Jade empire
Silent hill
Kotor
#117HippopotamusRexPosted 8/17/2014 9:57:17 PM
None. Unless its a remake of a game from a long time ago or a retelling like Super Castlevania 4, no game deserves a second chance to get shoehorned into the current conversation when it's already had its run.
#118Shinshoryuken1Posted 8/17/2014 10:01:31 PM
FF VII, that's pretty much been the obvious answer for a few years now.
#119lunaticcorePosted 8/17/2014 10:11:01 PM
vashkey posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...

4 games is "so many"?

And lets not forget about all these ports that aren't labeled remasters but still came out last gen like Fez, Minecraft, Journey, Flower, Awesomenauts, Diablo 3, Happy Wars, Pinball FX 2, The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, The Wolf Among Us and Hotline Miami!

I don't mind porting/rereleasing/remastering, but it's pretty bad when they're the highlights for brand new consoles and coming out this frequently. The Last of Us Remastered and MCC are basically the most hyped "exclusives" for the back end of the year for these systems. And they haven't even been out for a whole year. At least with PS360 the remasters didn't start coming until the later part of the generation and they definitely weren't the stand out releases for the year.

Edit: btw, I'm letting the ports of previously PC exclusive titles like Warframe and Goat Simulator slide, because at least those are entirely new to console only players, but entirely new games are preferable.

Walking Dead Season 2 started after the Xb1/Ps4 came out and The Wolf started just one month before the release of the next gen consoles.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#120vashkeyPosted 8/17/2014 10:12:41 PM
lunaticcore posted...
vashkey posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...

4 games is "so many"?

Walking Dead Season 2 started after the Xb1/Ps4 came out and The Wolf started just one month before the release of the next gen consoles.

Doesn't change the fact that they're being ported up and doesn't really negate the points I made or the rest of the fairly extensive list