Gamestop New Trade Policy = MORE Money for you.

#1NeonYoshi11Posted 8/17/2014 7:04:05 AM
Don't trade in anything yet!

Starting tomorrow, the 18th ALL GAMESTOPS are re-doing how they pay out for games.

I'd get $25 for Mario Kart 8 right now.

After tomorrow I'll get about $45.

Your getting more for your games there now so WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT,and then reap the benefits.

I bought an XB1 on Thursday and that is what the employee told me.

He gave me like 4 50% off coupons as well towards the trade.

I'd actually get $65 + change for Mario Kart 8 when trading it in.

That is right....I'd actually make money.

I use MK8, because they is about the highest price you can get for a game now, is about $25.

So yea if you were planning to trade, wait. Gamestop just got a whole lot cooler and I know a lot of you hate on it, but if your smart about WHEN you trade, you can get great deals.

I'm trading in all the stuff I don't like or won't play tomorrow and putting that towards Destiny Pre-order.

Just thought I'd give you guys/ladies a heads up if you were thinking of trading games in.

Wait until the 18th.
#2SampsonMPosted 8/17/2014 7:12:23 AM(edited)
Walmart gives you more.

Example:

Wolfenstein: (with PowerUp Rewards) $22 in credit at GameStop

At Walmart? $27.54 (no membership needed)

Plus Walmart credit is better because you don't have to use it on other gaming things. Groceries, gas, whatever.

EDIT: Under GameStop's new policy, they're not doing those 40%+ promotions anymore.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#3ZatchBellPosted 8/17/2014 7:13:11 AM
Walmart does give more and as mentioned has more you can buy there obviously. Had to wait a while to get someone who knew how to do the trades at walmart.....but patience pays off
---
Sega Fan for Life
#4glassghost0Posted 8/17/2014 7:17:12 AM
Guess Wal-Mart works for desperate people

I would never trade stuff in there

I don't exactly need to trade in my video games to purchase food
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5ZatchBellPosted 8/17/2014 7:18:29 AM
Sometimes you get sick of games and trading them for food or another item comes in handy.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#66speednissanPosted 8/17/2014 7:20:31 AM
I still use ebay. Even after fees I make way more than trading.
#7SampsonMPosted 8/17/2014 7:26:07 AM
GameStop is a terrible store for gamers.

Walmart/Target/Sam's Club/etc will, from time to time, run promotions on consoles -- buy a new console, get a free game or a $25 gift card, for example. GameStop never does this.

If you buy a lot of new video games, you should join the Best Buy gamers club. It's $120 but you get 20% off new games for two years, and bonuses on preorders and stuff.

GameFly sells the cheapest used games during their occasional blow out sales (usually have one every few months). Amazon is also pretty cheap for used games, almost always better than GameStop.

And of course, GameStop's prices are a joke unless you're a PowerUp Rewards member, which adds another $15 to your purchases.

Basically just don't go to GameStop.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#8glassghost0Posted 8/17/2014 7:27:30 AM
SampsonM posted...

Walmart/Target/Sam's Club/etc will, from time to time, run promotions on consoles -- buy a new console, get a free game or a $25 gift card, for example. GameStop never does this.

If you buy a lot of new video games, you should join the Best Buy gamers club. It's $120 but you get 20% off new games for two years, and bonuses on preorders and stuff.

GameFly sells the cheapest used games during their occasional blow out sales (usually have one every few months). Amazon is also pretty cheap for used games, almost always better than GameStop.

And of course, GameStop's prices are a joke unless you're a PowerUp Rewards member, which adds another $15 to your purchases.

You should probably at least be accurate if you're going to bash something
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9ACx7Posted 8/17/2014 7:28:45 AM
Mario Kart goes for $38.50 right now at GameStop.

This change isn't going to be a $20 difference. At most you'll see an extra $3-$5 on popular games. Something that's worth $20 isn't suddenly going to be worth $40.
---
Wii-U: ACxSeven 3DS: 5455-9878-3366
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: ACx7
#106speednissanPosted 8/17/2014 7:31:05 AM
glassghost0 posted...
SampsonM posted...

You should probably at least be accurate if you're going to bash something

Which part was inaccurate? It looks pretty spot on to me.