Gamestop New Trade Policy = MORE Money for you.

#11glassghost0Posted 8/17/2014 8:36:05 AM
6speednissan posted...
glassghost0 posted...
SampsonM posted...
GameStop is a terrible store for gamers.

Walmart/Target/Sam's Club/etc will, from time to time, run promotions on consoles -- buy a new console, get a free game or a $25 gift card, for example. GameStop never does this.

If you buy a lot of new video games, you should join the Best Buy gamers club. It's $120 but you get 20% off new games for two years, and bonuses on preorders and stuff.

GameFly sells the cheapest used games during their occasional blow out sales (usually have one every few months). Amazon is also pretty cheap for used games, almost always better than GameStop.

And of course, GameStop's prices are a joke unless you're a PowerUp Rewards member, which adds another $15 to your purchases.

Basically just don't go to GameStop.

You should probably at least be accurate if you're going to bash something

Which part was inaccurate? It looks pretty spot on to me.

Bullet 1

"and stuff"

Gamefly's blowout sales are cheap but very limited on selection

Amazon can be way cheaper but again, not on everything

I'd rather pay $15 for 1 year (Magazine sub is almost worth that alone) than $120

$15 can easily be covered by some trade-ins, with money to spare

I have quite a lot of experience with the used game/trade-in market, and Gamestop is one of the best places you can go, as long as you aren't a push-over
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#12SampsonMPosted 8/17/2014 10:55:41 AM
"and stuff"

Gamefly's blowout sales are cheap but very limited on selection

Amazon can be way cheaper but again, not on everything

I'd rather pay $15 for 1 year (Magazine sub is almost worth that alone) than $120

$15 can easily be covered by some trade-ins, with money to spare

I have quite a lot of experience with the used game/trade-in market, and Gamestop is one of the best places you can go, as long as you aren't a push-over

Best Buy's Gamer Club lasts for two years, so it's really $120 vs $30. For that $120 you actually get value -- if you buy 10 new games a year you save $120. If you buy more than 10 games, you save more, and you get other perks like gift certificates for preordering, etc. GameStop's PowerUp Rewards program is a joke -- you don't get anything for the money other than GameInformer. It's basically the cost of doing business, because if you aren't a member you get totally ripped off on everything in the store.

Amazon is cheaper 99.9% of the time. I have yet to find a used game that GameStop has for a better price. Random four games:

Madden 25 - $13 vs $25
Titanfall - $26 vs $40
Ryse - $26 vs $40
PvZ - $24 vs $35

You get the idea.

Unless you have absolutely cannot wait for Amazon to ship it to you, buying used from Amazon is a better deal.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#13glassghost0Posted 8/17/2014 12:44:23 PM
Amazon isn't really worth the cheaper cost unless you are a Prime Member (which you should be)

So that's $100 for a year

Plus Amazon is always a luck based game, you never know the quality of something you're going to get, of course you can always return the item and try again

At Gamestop you know exactly what you're buying

Again, I know the used game market, and Gamestop is an excellent place to purchase used games, if you aren't a pushover
---
#14glassghost0Posted 8/17/2014 12:48:49 PM
Also, you can't just pull the first listing you see from Amazon and call it a day....

Ryse - 25.99 plus 3.99 shipping (3rd party seller)

Titanfall - That 26 dollar copy is 25.98 plus 5.28 shipping (3rd party seller)

PvZ - 24 plus 5.36 shipping (3rd party seller)

Madden - 13 plus 4.00 shipping (3rd party seller)

So please come back and try again when you know what you're talking about instead of just pretending to know
---
#15SampsonMPosted 8/17/2014 1:02:05 PM(edited)
Amazon isn't really worth the cheaper cost unless you are a Prime Member (which you should be)

Absurd argument. This is like saying "you can't go to GameStop unless you own a car, so lets factor in the cost of car ownership."

Plus Amazon is always a luck based game, you never know the quality of something you're going to get, of course you can always return the item and try again

Same thing with GameStop. Ive bought used copies from them before that didn't work and was forced to return them.

So please come back and try again when you know what you're talking about instead of just pretending to know

Even if you add the cost of shipping, Amazon is still far cheaper. Like Ryse -- $30 instead of $40. That's still 25% less. 25% is huge.

Are you a GameStop employee or something? I struggle to believe you're serious.

GameStop is a ripoff. The only reason to go there is if you're an ignorant adult buying a game for your kid and need a recommendation or something. Informed gamers have no business shopping there, unless they're running some sort of absurd sale.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#16glassghost0Posted 8/17/2014 1:04:17 PM
SampsonM posted...

Absurd argument. This is like saying "you can't go to GameStop unless you own a car, so lets factor in the cost of car ownership."

Same thing with GameStop. Ive bought used copies from them before that didn't work and was forced to return them.

Even if you add the cost of shipping, Amazon is still far cheaper. Like Ryse -- $30 instead of $40. That's still 25% less. 25% is huge.

Horrible analogy is horrible

I honestly doubt that, unless you didn't look at the condition at all or you're talking about cartridge games

And conveniently overlook the fact that those listings are by 3rd party sellers and aren't fulfilled by amazon

So have fun dealing with anything that might end up wrong with your order

Feel free to try again
---
#17liquidblue4Posted 8/17/2014 1:06:54 PM
SampsonM posted...

Best Buy's Gamer Club lasts for two years, so it's really $120 vs $30. For that $120 you actually get value -- if you buy 10 new games a year you save $120. If you buy more than 10 games, you save more

If you spend $120 and then save $120 you haven't saved anything at all. Do you even know how math works?
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#18SampsonMPosted 8/17/2014 1:09:07 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
SampsonM posted...

Best Buy's Gamer Club lasts for two years, so it's really $120 vs $30. For that $120 you actually get value -- if you buy 10 new games a year you save $120. If you buy more than 10 games, you save more

If you spend $120 and then save $120 you haven't saved anything at all. Do you even know how math works?

I do -- do you?

I said 10 games a year. After two years, that would be $240 in savings. $240 - $120 = $120.
---
#19RyuuHou25Posted 8/17/2014 1:10:54 PM
Uh, yeah, TC, they're simply increasing the base amount by 20%. So something that goes for 40 will just now go for 48 instead. And they are abolishing promotions entirely.

Meaning no more trade 2 for 1 game, no more days where trade in values are 30% more, no more trade in 6 everything has 40% more value, trade in x amount get y amount added on.

Nothing.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
I ga blerp ba jerp go flerp ja lerping herp ta terping larping en darping kla barping zarping mo darping - how the common wild Gfaqer sounds
#20SlippyedPosted 8/17/2014 1:20:58 PM
Glassghost clearly works for gamestop....