Questions about Ryse Son of Rome

#1darealest47Posted 8/17/2014 8:55:53 AM
I have been debating on getting this game lately and I have a few questions that I would like to ask.

1. How challenging is hard mode and is hard mode unlocked from the get go? I'm asking this because I want to be feel rewarded for using different combos and not just button mashing as button bashing gets boring extremely quick for me. I'm not expecting the same level of accomplishment you'd get in a game like Dark Souls but I expect it to be somewhat there.

2. Any other offline modes besides the campaign?

3. New game plus? If not then that can be a huge deal breaker for me as I believe new game plus should be a given for games like this.

4. How often are the quick time events and do they detract the combat gameplay
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2InninXIPosted 8/17/2014 8:59:31 AM
Game is easy all around. QTE,s, QTE,s everywhere
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#36speednissanPosted 8/17/2014 9:00:42 AM
Hard is available right away, but I never played it. No other offline modes. Your stats carry over to your next play through. Quick time events are what the game is. There is no other way to play it unless you just hack people to death. They slow things way down, but I still enjoy the game since there are tons of executions.
#4darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 9:06:46 AM
InninXI posted...

Hmm, guess I should just listen to my gut and hold off on the game til it gets much cheaper then.

Damn, was going to buy a game today but don't know what other game they have for this system. Might buy forza to see if it's any good.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#5hectic3Posted 8/17/2014 9:11:23 AM
The hard mode is unlocked for the get go but "super hard mode" is locked until you beat it once. Hard is like the just right difficulty some challenging spots but nothing crazy. Legendary is can be pretty tough and is extremely fun, combos become very satisfying.

The arena survival/wave mode is available for single player also.

All upgrades and xp carry over into ng+

There's a lot of qte's because they are the executions. In the harder difficulties they are cool though because you can choose what you gain from a successful qte. Need health, more xp, or mana, you choose what you get. So it encourages a little "strategy" if you having a tough fight, or if you have a big combo you can switch to xp.

I recommend it, lots of fun. I got about 60 hours out of it.
#6Jiggy101011Posted 8/17/2014 9:15:19 AM
InninXI posted...

http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/Andr0idXI/

I find it odd that you can comment on a game you haven't even played.

1. Hard is available from the start but legendary isn't, you unlock that after you complete the campaign once on any difficulty.

2. No

3. Yes it has new game plus, your skills carry over no matter what difficulty you play on your 2nd time.

4. Think of it more like assassins creed combat. You have to do certain combat techniques against certain enemies in order to kill them. It's not so much QTEs as it is having to hit certain combat moves to down a soldier.

I bought this game for $20 when Gamefly was having a sale and I must say it is worth it. You will find the people who just say it is a QTE game haven't actually played it and are just parroting misinformation.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Max Payne 3, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed IV
#7zerooo0Posted 8/17/2014 9:18:48 AM
I wouldn't buy Ryse until it gets to $10.

Plenty of other X1 games out/coming out soon.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#8Robin_MaskPosted 8/17/2014 9:36:11 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
InninXI posted...

1. Hard is available from the start but legendary isn't, you unlock that after you complete the campaign once on any difficulty.

2. No

3. Yes it has new game plus, your skills carry over no matter what difficulty you play on your 2nd time.

4. Think of it more like assassins creed combat. You have to do certain combat techniques against certain enemies in order to kill them. It's not so much QTEs as it is having to hit certain combat moves to down a soldier.

I bought this game for $20 when Gamefly was having a sale and I must say it is worth it. You will find the people who just say it is a QTE game haven't actually played it and are just parroting misinformation.

Agreed with all his points. I also remember fighting the Legionnaires for the first time on Legendary, just damn.

It's a fun game, the price Jiggy bought it for is good. The game makes you feel like you are in an epic given the era and enemies. Very few other games can do that.

Yeah, the game gets too much hate just because it's an exclusive and other things, it really is a good game.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#9InninXIPosted 8/17/2014 9:37:57 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
InninXI posted...

2. No

havent played it because i dont have achievements? I have friends with the game
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#10Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/17/2014 9:43:47 AM
TC - dont buy Ryse
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds