Questions about Ryse Son of Rome

#21The_NightwingPosted 8/17/2014 2:10:49 PM
Ryse is pretty easy, every person you execute is a short QTE that gives you back a lot of health, an XP boost, a damage buff, or focus back.
#22PominAusPosted 8/17/2014 2:33:40 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
Ryse is pretty easy, every person you execute is a short QTE that gives you back a lot of health, an XP boost, a damage buff, or focus back.

Well, yeah if you play on easy. Playing on the harder difficulties nets you much less of a boost to XP/focus/damage/health, none if you hit the wrong button.
#23Draconian-WhitePosted 8/17/2014 3:49:49 PM(edited)
darealest47 posted...
Decided to buy Ryse after all. Had the $20 coupon for gamestop so I only payed the 9.99 plus tax, not a bad deal. Now gotta install this thing, hopefully there isn't an installation when I launch the game

Just picked up Ryse: Son of Rome myself tonight, along with Dead Rising 3. I used my $20 off coupon as well, traded in Mario Kart 8 for $38.50, and got another 10% off through power up pro.

Wound up paying like $21 plus tax for both games. It was a nice deal. Looking forward to jamming out with Ryse tonight, been wanting to play it. Huzzah!
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#24Mr_StarchPosted 8/17/2014 5:04:02 PM
I got it for $40 then the season pass for $5. Fun game. There a solo online mode that u pay for. It's the combat kinda reviles around QTE but there short and fulfilling. It's on my hard drive so I like to fire it up once and a while. Get it when the price is good for you.
---
GT Dr Acti0n PhD
#25Mr_StarchPosted 8/17/2014 5:05:09 PM
Draconian-White posted...
darealest47 posted...
Decided to buy Ryse after all. Had the $20 coupon for gamestop so I only payed the 9.99 plus tax, not a bad deal. Now gotta install this thing, hopefully there isn't an installation when I launch the game

Just picked up Ryse: Son of Rome myself tonight, along with Dead Rising 3. I used my $20 off coupon as well, traded in Mario Kart 8 for $38.50, and got another 10% off through power up pro.

Wound up paying like $21 plus tax for both games. It was a nice deal. Looking forward to jamming out with Ryse tonight, been wanting to play it. Huzzah!

Good purchases!!!!
---
GT Dr Acti0n PhD
#26Draconian-WhitePosted 8/17/2014 5:15:15 PM
Mr_Starch posted...
Good purchases!!!!

Thanks, deal was too good to pass up. Between those two with some Titanfall and ESO mixed in, I'll be good until Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor drops on September 30th.

Looking forward to playing Ryse tonight, once the crazy little midgets and wife go to bed.
---
#27darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 9:15:53 PM
Draconian-White posted...
Mr_Starch posted...
Good purchases!!!!

Thanks, deal was too good to pass up. Between those two with some Titanfall and ESO mixed in, I'll be good until Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor drops on September 30th.

Looking forward to playing Ryse tonight, once the crazy little midgets and wife go to bed.

First I gotta say: Ryse goes hard in the paint! Gameplay is fun as all hell on hard mode and getting those combos in with the executions at the end feels rewarding and brutal at the same time! And that Shoadow of Mordor looks really good as well. Definitely look out for Lords of the fallen though as that looks like to be the sleeper hit of the year
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#28Draconian-WhitePosted 8/17/2014 9:33:37 PM
darealest47 posted...

First I gotta say: Ryse goes hard in the paint! Gameplay is fun as all hell on hard mode and getting those combos in with the executions at the end feels rewarding and brutal at the same time! And that Shoadow of Mordor looks really good as well. Definitely look out for Lords of the fallen though as that looks like to be the sleeper hit of the year

I'm with you, man. No idea why I didn't pick up Ryse (to go along with Titanfall) right when I got my console, as I really do like the Roman time period. The gameplay is smooth and very fun, and the graphics are BEAUTIFUL -- some killer settings and backgrounds.

I started on Centurion, and I'm on chapter 5 of 8 now. Been having a blast and just enjoying the sights, sounds, blood, blocking, and storyline. This is my kind of game, loving it. I think Legendary difficulty will be more challenging, so I'm looking forward to beating the game and unlocking that. Plus, I still need to check out the multiplayer games as well.

Yes, Lords of the Fallen looks great. I will pick it up at some point, just not at release. I'm a Tolkien fanatic, and have been looking forward to that one for a while. There's so many cool games coming out soon, it will be hard for me to play everything that I want.

Anyway, Ryse is awesome. This feels, looks (visually stunning to me), and plays like a next generation game. No idea why I didn't pick it up sooner, but glad to have it now!
---