When it comes to limited edition consoles...

#1GGooDDPosted 8/17/2014 10:48:08 AM
Who decides on them? Is it Microsoft who pushes it and gets it made, or is the the developer who makes the design and pushes it to be made.
---
I refuse to pay to play online in a non MMO environment on the PC, i paid 2k for my PC, 70 a month for my net, and 80 for a game new, why would i pay for MP?
#2asa667Posted 8/17/2014 11:12:49 AM
depending on how ornate the console is, the developer may design the console in collaboration with sony/nintendo/microsoft ect. say like the legend of zelda wiiu bundle or the staw wars xbox 360, some that are just simply recolored standard consoles (say like the red xbox 360 resident evil 5 budle or the upcoming white xbox one sunset overdrive bundle) its simply te consoe maker bundling them (say the microsoft SO bundle) its simply a microsoft designed a white xbox one and bundled it with an exclusive to help it sell, the developer of the game gets a cut of the game portion of the bundle, but not the console portion of the sale (unless they helped with the design or box artwork for the console, then they might get a small portion of the console money... otherwise nothing) unless they pay the developer to mke it console exclusive (the LE console i mean) like the MW2 xbox 360 LE console, microsoft probably paid out the a** to get it as an exclusive console bundle.

if i had to guess, its probably the console maker pushing for them, (some more than others) im sure that developers ask for them, and even design consoles to pitch, but i'd imagine most never get picked up, if ever...
---
"if i were to pass gas, that would be a fart" -random koth youtube poop
#3ViTaLi7YPosted 8/17/2014 11:14:00 AM
It's a collaborative deal, I'm sure. Lots of talk, and collaboration, then legal paperwork gets drawn up. As for the white xbox one, all MS had to do was make it white and include sunset overdrive. The CoD ones have been done in the past, so they probably know the procedure pretty well. Probably more on MS part, to get CoD gamers to buy their console over PS4. Shows who they are catering to and the type of gamer you can expect to find on Xbox One.
#4GGooDD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:08:33 PM
thanks for both your input, makes more sense now.
---
I refuse to pay to play online in a non MMO environment on the PC, i paid 2k for my PC, 70 a month for my net, and 80 for a game new, why would i pay for MP?