P90X for XBox Fitness Review

#11bgwilly255Posted 8/17/2014 2:58:09 PM
P90x is good. Everyone I've known, that's actually stuck with it, had amazing results. We did it when I was active duty and it's by far the most intense workout I had up to that point.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#12xKryptonKnightxPosted 8/17/2014 2:58:16 PM
You should try DDP Yoga.
---
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Maverick
#13Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 4:18:14 PM
xKryptonKnightx posted...
You should try DDP Yoga.

I actually saw that on an episode of Shark Tank. DDP wanted like $1 million for like 10% or something crazy like that. Needless to say, no sharks bit at that one.
---
GT: Uproar2099
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#14Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 4:24:53 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
P90x is good. Everyone I've known, that's actually stuck with it, had amazing results. We did it when I was active duty and it's by far the most intense workout I had up to that point.

Yeah I think sticking with any fitness program is the toughest part. Usually most of them will get you some kind of result if you keep going.

What I'm finding is that with Xbox Fitness, there are lots of little things that can keep you going.

First, there's the community, so if you have friends that are using it, their scores on individual workouts and overall are right there for you to see. You're constantly trying to beat friends scores in each workout through challenges.

I also like the stamp system which encourages you to keep trying workouts over and over to get all the available stamps.

Add all that to a solid workout program like P90X and you've got something that I think really will help people get excited about getting in shape. I know it's worked for me.
---
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#15xKryptonKnightxPosted 8/17/2014 5:24:36 PM
Uproar2099 posted...
xKryptonKnightx posted...
You should try DDP Yoga.

I actually saw that on an episode of Shark Tank. DDP wanted like $1 million for like 10% or something crazy like that. Needless to say, no sharks bit at that one.

He was asking for $200,000 in exchange for a 5% share. But anyways, I wouldn't judge it based on a reality show.
---
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Maverick
#16wrettcaughnPosted 8/17/2014 7:32:31 PM
Uproar2099 posted...
wrettcaughn posted...
Thanks for posting this. Bookmarked to watch when I get home later. Been curious how P90X turned out for XB1

No problem. Let me know what you think when you get a chance to check out the video. Thanks for the interest!

Hey man, nice review!

If I could offer any critique it would only be that you seemed pretty nervous. Don't think of it as public speaking as much as just tellng a friend of yours what you think of something. Lots of good information though. The band recommendation is appreciated as well!
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#17Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 4:07:01 AM
wrettcaughn posted...
Uproar2099 posted...
wrettcaughn posted...
Thanks for posting this. Bookmarked to watch when I get home later. Been curious how P90X turned out for XB1

No problem. Let me know what you think when you get a chance to check out the video. Thanks for the interest!

Hey man, nice review!

If I could offer any critique it would only be that you seemed pretty nervous. Don't think of it as public speaking as much as just tellng a friend of yours what you think of something. Lots of good information though. The band recommendation is appreciated as well!

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it wasn't nervousness, more like I was actually a little out of breath. I had run through this a few times (with the workout demonstrations included) and I just couldn't fit everything into the 5 minutes I had. So I was moving through everything pretty quickly. Glad you enjoyed it though!
---
#18AbstraktProfSC2Posted 8/18/2014 4:34:36 AM
you said "um" after just about every sentence!
thats all i heard
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#19puffnbillys420Posted 8/18/2014 4:48:42 AM
I tried one of these workouts at my gym there like 500 to choose from and man it was so gay I just went back to the weights
---
Best rap battle ever youtube.com/watch?v=rhjpVVZTmqo
#20AWarAmp84Posted 8/18/2014 5:06:41 AM(edited)
My wife and I tried out P90X a couple years ago and actually stuck with the program for a few weeks. It kicked our ass. I still remember doing the plyometrics for the first time and almost collapsing. I mean, I'm not in terrible shape by any means but in order for someone to be able to keep up with it they have to be in good shape and be able to lift their own body weight easily.

If anyone is going to give it a shot and are in average shape or less, be sure take it easy. This guy almost died from it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-sideshow/man-says-one-day-p90x-sent-him-emergency-170839781.html
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.