Why is Assassin's Creed seen as "casual"?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/17/2014 12:52:47 PM
Playing thru AC4 BF right now and theres a hell of a lot of stuff to do and manage...and they keep adding more.. This is my first game ive tried (well i tried Assassins Creed 1 but hated it after 30 min) and does not seem casual in the least..are the other games in the series different?
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#2HorridhalPosted 8/17/2014 12:54:45 PM
Nitwits call any game they dislike 'casual' as they assume that is the biggest insult they can hurl.

If you like a game and have fun playing it th. Go cares what other people label it?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#3WarsuhPosted 8/17/2014 12:55:14 PM
They are the same games. They just look different. Plus the story is stupid now doesn't make any sense and they just hop time lines like no other.
#4Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 1:02:03 PM
Warsuh posted...
They are the same games. They just look different. Plus the story is stupid now doesn't make any sense and they just hop time lines like no other.

Havent experienced that in BF.. Love the story..
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#5leelee3105Posted 8/17/2014 1:03:33 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Warsuh posted...

Havent experienced that in BF.. Love the story..

This guy hasn't played BF.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#6DigivillainPosted 8/17/2014 1:06:45 PM
Well, if it isn't obvious than I don't know what to tell you... AC games aren't exactly known to be very taxing of a gamer's skill. They are the kind of games you play when you just want to kick back and relax.
---
Metal is Dead... Farewell Bleeding Through.
#7BilliePilgrimPosted 8/17/2014 1:10:50 PM
Love the series. AC4 is the best of the last few games that came out. They don't exactly reinvent the wheel with each iteration, but they've continued to add things (for better or worse) and attempt to improve on the good ones. The fleshed out naval combat in AC4 was amazing. It's a shame the land based sequences were so average.

My main complaint with the game is a perennial one I have for the series. They never go far enough with the story going on outside of the animus and they don't do enough to string the two plot lines (inside/outside the animus) together.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#8Sith JediPosted 8/17/2014 1:14:26 PM
Casual has basically come to mean, "not difficult." Much like epic now just means, "above average."
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#9ViTaLi7YPosted 8/17/2014 1:18:24 PM
The only AC game worth it's salt was AC1 and then of course AC2. The rest have just gone downhill and BF is highly over rated, possibly the most over rated AC to date. Story makes zero sense, acting is horrible, the game in general is horrible. It's a 7.5 to 8, not the higher scores it got. AC Unity is the first time I really been excited for an AC game since AC2.
#10Sith JediPosted 8/17/2014 1:20:27 PM
ViTaLi7Y posted...
The only AC game worth it's salt was AC1 and then of course AC2. The rest have just gone downhill and BF is highly over rated, possibly the most over rated AC to date. Story makes zero sense, acting is horrible, the game in general is horrible. It's a 7.5 to 8, not the higher scores it got. AC Unity is the first time I really been excited for an AC game since AC2.

You call a game horrible then give it a good score? wat
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/