Why is Assassin's Creed seen as "casual"?

#21nableetPosted 8/17/2014 4:03:23 PM
I always thought it was because the combat was fairly simple and you could win 1vs20+ fights fairly easily with simple counters.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#22LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/17/2014 4:09:55 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's easy, dumbed down, and heavily marketed

..and yet you've never actually played it obviously

I've played all of them

You can't deny they've been continually dumbed down and simplified
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#23singhellotakuPosted 8/17/2014 8:44:47 PM
perhaps because they are incredibly shallow, easy, games, and every one of them is completely identical to one another?

Fun games, but casual as can be.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#24Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:46:23 PM
There are many missions in bf ive had to try 10 times. I guys must be playing a different game
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#252ndAtomiskPosted 8/18/2014 5:36:37 AM
The only way I can see someone needing to do a mission in Black Flag more than once is if they're going for 100% sync. And even then it shouldn't take 10 tries to get it.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#26KipbondurPosted 8/18/2014 5:43:47 AM
I liked Black Flag, but it would have been even better if it was just a standalone pirate game without all of the Assassins Creed stuff.
---
GT: Kip Bondur
#27Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/18/2014 11:02:59 AM
I played and beat all of them except the latest ones. I love Assassins Creed.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#28Tajaz2426Posted 8/18/2014 12:30:25 PM
When some says a game is casual it is because they want to feel like they are a hardcore gamer. There is no such thing as being hardcore or casual playing video games.

You are having no physical exertion pushing buttons on a controller or keyboard, or making sure you get a high gamer score. It is a video game, we are playing fictional characters, in a fictional world, on a little black box.

People just want to church up things they do to sound cool. They want to make others feel inferior. If someone mentions being hardcore just laugh at them for mentioning hardcore and video gaming in the same sentence. It is just a fanboy phrase like everything else. People just have to make things bigger than they seem.

Gamers are gamers.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#29Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 1:22:31 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
The only way I can see someone needing to do a mission in Black Flag more than once is if they're going for 100% sync. And even then it shouldn't take 10 tries to get it.

There are quite a few missions in BF in which its auto fail if discivered so it doesnt sound like uve played it. Right now im guiding the jackdaw through not being seen by security lights and its fairly hectic.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#30McCartneyMartinPosted 8/18/2014 5:22:31 PM
Because there is a new one every 6 months. Ugh.