Big Phil says wants to bring netflix style app to gaming

#11mokmuudPosted 8/18/2014 3:14:41 AM
leelee3105 posted...
freekid2002 posted...
Sony is already doing this with PS Now

i thought that was the app the was in beta where you pay like a dollar an hour to rent games digitally

They need to fix the pricing of PSNow but the service itself works great.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#12leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 3:15:46 AM
BDJayce posted...
Hasn't gamefly been bringing a 'netflix style' service to gaming for a while now?

I get the general concept I think. "You can play this game as long as you're connected to this service and the internet."

Clever duck. It's just subscription DRM, isn't it? I remember how much hell they got for suggesting that last year.. but now everyone seems happy about it. Oh well, to each their own.

yeah, well what we know now is the most people who planned on getting the x1 were fine with the DRM and such. It was all the ponies trolling pretending to be upset 360 owners. but now we know! Also, you'll have a choice to still buy physical games like now, so youre point is invalid. Big phil is talking about Backwards compatibility here, not new games.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#13BDJaycePosted 8/18/2014 3:27:48 AM
That's nice and all but wouldn't it have been easier and more cost effective to just keep your Xbox 360 where you don't have to be online or have a subscription and do essentially the same thing?

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of backwards compatibility but this seems something similar to what was done with the Playstation Store on the PS3. Allowing select games from the past to be purchased all over again except instead of buying them all you get access to them via a subscription.

Hmm thinking about it, as I stated before, it might just be easier to work out some kind of monetary agreement with gamefly. They offer a digital service for PC games already.. with a deal in place they can have a 'gamefly' app that needs Xbox Live Gold to access.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#14leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 3:28:52 AM
BDJayce posted...
That's nice and all but wouldn't it have been easier and more cost effective to just keep your Xbox 360 where you don't have to be online or have a subscription and do essentially the same thing?

Don't get me wrong I like the idea of backwards compatibility but this seems something similar to what was done with the Playstation Store on the PS3. Allowing select games from the past to be purchased all over again except instead of buying them all you get access to them via a subscription.

Hmm thinking about it, as I stated before, it might just be easier to work out some kind of monetary agreement with gamefly. They offer a digital service for PC games already.. with a deal in place they can have a 'gamefly' app that needs Xbox Live Gold to access.

working with gamefly is actually a good idea. drop that on his twitter.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#15Apex-PlayerPosted 8/18/2014 3:45:17 AM
Honestly, how hilarious would that be if the best answer MS had against PS Now was gamefly.

I'd be laughing so hard.

PS- Rent games in seconds.
xbox - give us a few days, end of next week at the latest, yes you still need to pay us first.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#16ScRuiPosted 8/18/2014 3:49:09 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Honestly, how hilarious would that be if the best answer MS had against PS Now was gamefly.

I'd be laughing so hard.

PS- Rent games in seconds.
xbox - give us a few days, end of next week at the latest, yes you still need to pay us first.

LOL... Apex, you are definitely coming up the troll ladder...

I'm starting to enjoy your 'right-winged' approach to anything Xbox... Reminds me of Fox News to anything dealing with Obama...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#17Apex-PlayerPosted 8/18/2014 3:51:39 AM
Admit it, PS Now vs xbox gamefly would be pretty funny and you know it.
---
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#18ScRuiPosted 8/18/2014 4:04:52 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Admit it, PS Now vs xbox gamefly would be pretty funny and you know it.

What would be funny about it? I know you are looking at, like you would have to wait to get your game in the mail... But if this partnership would become reality... Most likely you would just download the games you want to play... Pretty much like the Vault in EA Access...

I can see them doing the mail thing also, but that would be either more $ or they could do... 1 game via mail (physical) and 1 game downloaded (digital) at a time... For a set monthly or yearly price...

I can't see it only going through a mail based service...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#19Apex-PlayerPosted 8/18/2014 4:14:10 AM
Ok.

So an Instant Streaming service
VS
A day to download/install type program.

It would still be pretty funny if that's the best MS could do.
---
#20B1GB0SS_86Posted 8/18/2014 4:18:25 AM
leelee3105 posted...
killerbasa posted...
"Big Phil" lol!

thats what he likes to be called

Lets call him uncle Phil