B1GB0SS_86 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
killerbasa posted...
"Big Phil" lol!

thats what he likes to be called

Lets call him uncle Phil

R.I.P. James Avery
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#22RuinerEraserPosted 8/18/2014 5:24:57 AM
This is going to upset your surban trust fund gamer who thinks that certin gaming companies are evil and they rally and protest every move they make. Hipster games to the rescue!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#23aheroafakePosted 8/18/2014 5:28:19 AM
leelee3105 posted...
BDJayce posted...
Hasn't gamefly been bringing a 'netflix style' service to gaming for a while now?

I get the general concept I think. "You can play this game as long as you're connected to this service and the internet."

Clever duck. It's just subscription DRM, isn't it? I remember how much hell they got for suggesting that last year.. but now everyone seems happy about it. Oh well, to each their own.

yeah, well what we know now is the most people who planned on getting the x1 were fine with the DRM and such. It was all the ponies trolling pretending to be upset 360 owners. but now we know! Also, you'll have a choice to still buy physical games like now, so youre point is invalid. Big phil is talking about Backwards compatibility here, not new games.

Bull****, I'm not fine with the DRM and other policies that Microsoft was going to originally implement with Xbox One. I'm glad Microsoft didn't choose to keep those policies intact with the console.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#24ScRuiPosted 8/18/2014 5:31:37 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Ok.

So an Instant Streaming service
VS
A day to download/install type program.

It would still be pretty funny if that's the best MS could do.

Whatever floats your boat...

I download 30 gig game in 20-30 min ... No big deal for me... And for me I rather have download > stream...

I thought people didn't want to be connected all the time? I guess you aren't worried about people without internet anymore, huh?

I remember a lot of people crying about those poor souls that didn't have/or want to be on internet when the Xbox ONE was revealed...

Specifically one person... I wonder who that was...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#25RuinerEraserPosted 8/18/2014 5:31:39 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Ok.

VS

129.99 for a 3 month rental...yeah Sony sure has that streaming business model down lol.aheroafake posted...
leelee3105 posted...
BDJayce posted...
Hasn't gamefly been bringing a 'netflix style' service to gaming for a while now?

I get the general concept I think. "You can play this game as long as you're connected to this service and the internet."

Clever duck. It's just subscription DRM, isn't it? I remember how much hell they got for suggesting that last year.. but now everyone seems happy about it. Oh well, to each their own.

yeah, well what we know now is the most people who planned on getting the x1 were fine with the DRM and such. It was all the ponies trolling pretending to be upset 360 owners. but now we know! Also, you'll have a choice to still buy physical games like now, so youre point is invalid. Big phil is talking about Backwards compatibility here, not new games.

Bull****, I'm not fine with the DRM and other policies that Microsoft was going to originally implement with Xbox One. I'm glad Microsoft didn't choose to keep those policies intact with the console.

Same, only reason I bought an X1 was because those policies were reversed...was heavily looking at a PS4.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#26Apex-PlayerPosted 8/18/2014 5:36:05 AM
ScRui posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Ok.

VS

I download 30 gig game in 20-30 min ... No big deal for me... And for me I rather have download > stream...

I thought people didn't want to be connected all the time? I guess you aren't worried about people without internet anymore, huh?

I remember a lot of people crying about those poor souls that didn't have/or want to be on internet when the Xbox ONE was revealed...

Lol so much reaching.

I hope MS tries this, we both know how the internet would respond.
MS would be an instant punchline in every joke.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#27puffnbillys420Posted 8/18/2014 5:41:24 AM
Big phil dawg said that?
---
Best rap battle ever youtube.com/watch?v=rhjpVVZTmqo
#28ScRuiPosted 8/18/2014 5:48:07 AM
Reaching? Apex... You can do better than that...

I'm looking at it logically... There would be no reason they would do it just through a mail service... Downloading games is a staple in any console now... Streaming isn't...

Your blinders are shut... Open them up a bit so you can atleast understand me, even though you will disagree anyway...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#29mrpicPosted 8/18/2014 5:50:19 AM
i tend to agree

if i spend 300 a year on games and 100 on dlc i much prefer to spend

50 a year for a full back catalogue and maybe and extra few for premium content

imagine if you could pay 100 a year and have full access to all ea games and dlc would you pay it?
personally i would
but it would mean games would have to stop the mini transactions like ultimate team or battlefield battle packs ect
otherwise it would just be a waste of time in the end

also take into consideration the multiple providers every company would ant in on the subscriptions and we would end up paying lots

personally i feel a private company think netflix + game subscription and we all pay 100 a year for it 10 a month perhaps idk and we get all the netflix movies and all the netflix games
#30nableetPosted 8/18/2014 5:53:44 AM
ScRui posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Ok.

VS

Moat people don't download 30gig in 30mins, the average connection is pretty low. It took me 3 hours to download the Destiny beta, and would still take me an hour+ with my new speed.

Download > Streaming, I think most would agree for stability.

Offering people the choice to use an online Netflix type gaming subscription is entirely different from having No choice about being online. Of course you would need constant internet connection to use the internet. Such a weak argument.

The argument, which still stands and is entirely legit, is that people without the internet wouldn't be able to play the console at all. No one cared that people wouldn't be able to do things like play MP, download dlc etc if they didn't have the internet, as that goes without saying.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff