Big Phil says wants to bring netflix style app to gaming

#51scoobydoobydontPosted 8/18/2014 10:36:56 AM
leathelj posted...
You ppl do know this is drm right? On both sony and ms part. I have no problem with it never have really but there are alot of anti-drm people on here but it seems they have magically vanished must have just been trolls? Idk.

My only problem with the DRM is and always was that the lack of BC meant we were being locked down, but that MS has no long term interest in allowing our collections to stay with us. That intrinsically harms the value of digital for me and pretty much anyone familiar with building a digital music and video collection on iTunes (ie, the first thing any normal consumer thinks of when they think 'going digital').
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#52regsantotomasPosted 8/18/2014 10:39:27 AM
My problem has never been with DRM itself but often its application regarding unnecessarily restrictive policy that does more to harm to those supporting and buying the products & services legally.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#53leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:06:25 AM
ScRui posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Enjoy yourself bro, i'll be sure to say I told you so if MS is dumb enough to try this and it works in Sonys favor.

It will be in gamers favor, not Sony's

Last thing Sony wants or needs is another thing competing with their highly scrutinized service PS Now...

They already had to deal with EA partnering up with MS for EA Access and if Gamefly did the same with MS... Sony would be in deep, atleast they would have to stop price gouging thier fanbase ...

In turn, better for gamers... Bad for Sony

I hate when you guys quote these trolls I have in the ignore dungeon :/
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#54Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/18/2014 1:17:41 PM
Isn't PS Now DRM? Seems like it to me
.. And PS Now is nothing like a Netflix style thing for games. Netflix you pay $8 a month and watch whatever you want whenever you want how ever much you want. PS Now is $5 for four hours of one game or $60 for 90 days with one game. Nothing like Netflix.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#55nableetPosted 8/18/2014 2:32:08 PM
Cows Go Hisssss posted...
.. And PS Now is nothing like a Netflix style thing for games. Netflix you pay $8 a month and watch whatever you want whenever you want how ever much you want. PS Now is $5 for four hours of one game or $60 for 90 days with one game. Nothing like Netflix.

1) If Psnow is DRM, so is Netflix, youtube, twitch and whatever else requires the internet to view/access. It is in no way comparable to what MS wanted to do, so stop this nonsense already.

2) Psnow is still in Beta. The prices could change or it could become a subscription service. It really depends on what Sony and the publishers can work out, if anything.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#56leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 7:32:56 PM
nableet posted...
Cows Go Hisssss posted...

1) If Psnow is DRM, so is Netflix, youtube, twitch and whatever else requires the internet to view/access. It is in no way comparable to what MS wanted to do, so stop this nonsense already.

2) Psnow is still in Beta. The prices could change or it could become a subscription service. It really depends on what Sony and the publishers can work out, if anything.

Sounds like it's already derailed. I wonder how EA access was able to get off to such a good start
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#57MrImpatient35Posted 8/18/2014 7:43:54 PM
freekid2002 posted...
Sony is already doing this with PS Now

With better pricing?
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#58leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 12:05:47 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
freekid2002 posted...