I look forward to the final parts of single player games as paid DLC

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I look forward to the final parts of single player games as paid DLC
1 year ago#1
Would you buy a $60 game if a company were to use this kind of development scheme to make more money? What if a game like Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed had a "To Be Continued..." message appear when you got 2/3'rd way through the campaign, only for you to have to pay $9.99 to play the last 1/3rd of the game?

The reactions by gamers would be priceless, especially since we all know it is eventually going to come. :D
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
(message deleted)
1 year ago#3
That's basically what happened with Dead Space 3.

Spoilers ahead:

DS3 ended with Isaac (the protagonist) getting blown into space, so there was no real conclusion.
The DLC followed what happened after that, right up to the point where they saw Earth was overtaken and they were too late.
Which is, up till now and most likely till the series gets a reboot or something, the ending to the entire series

But to reply to the question: No.
I don't buy any DLC now, unless it adds a lot of stuff. So something like that wouldn't even be considered.
1 year ago#4
I think this type of implementation would be largely rejected by the gaming community. It is one of those prognostications that is often propagated by the fear mongers regarding DLC.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
1 year ago#5
SoulTrapper posted...
That's basically what happened with Dead Space 3.

Spoilers ahead:

DS3 ended with Isaac (the protagonist) getting blown into space, so there was no real conclusion.
The DLC followed what happened after that, right up to the point where they saw Earth was overtaken and they were too late.
Which is, up till now and most likely till the series gets a reboot or something, the ending to the entire series

But to reply to the question: No.
I don't buy any DLC now, unless it adds a lot of stuff. So something like that wouldn't even be considered.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about how Dead Space 3 did this. It was such a great game too, only to have a non-fulfilling ending leaving me wanting more. I almost...ALMOST...paid for the DLC to get the final part of the game, but I ended up resisting; mostly because it was a free PS+ game for me and I just couldn't justify spending money on something for a game I didn't really own. :P
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
1 year ago#6
Left behind (TLOU) should not have been dlc
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
1 year ago#7
Dead Space 3 just didn't have a good conclusion, it was a complete game though. I got a lot of hours and fun from it.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I look forward to the final parts of single player games as paid DLC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived