Microsoft haters do not understand about Tomb Raider

#11dnmtPosted 8/18/2014 8:34:26 AM
InterzoneMantra posted...
ppl were more pissed about microsofts and square trying to insult their intelligence with their pr bs...especially sqaure's letter to the fans.

Definitely this. Had they said TR is a timed exclusive to begin with then none of this so-called raging would've happened.
#12MightyMunaPosted 8/18/2014 8:35:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, with that logic, all 3rd party games should follow this Tomb Raider 'deal'?
#13billsfanno1Posted 8/18/2014 8:37:17 AM
Six days after the press conference and the game launch is 14 months away. Far more talk about TR than Uncharted. Guess it worked.
#14ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/18/2014 8:40:56 AM
Why didn't Square just delay the freaking game? Seriously why was that not an option? Remember watch dogs was initially going to have a 2013 release but Ubisoft delayed it because they didn't want to go against GTAV which was a smart move. This kept people interested in WD and now it's a commercial and financial success. Mind you it was a new IP. I don't believe for one second that Square would have had trouble making the Rise of the Tomb Raider. As of june this year the game sold a combined total of 6.5 million copies. Not mention it was a SEQUEL. Sequels are easier than ever to do in today's industry AND since it is also coming to 360 the game wasn't even going to be completely redone for the 8th gen consoles. Also didn't square b**ch and moan about the first one not selling enough? So instead of releasing on 5 platforms for your sequel (Ps3, Ps4, 360, xb1, and pc) you're only going to release on two?

The bayonetta 2 argument holds no water because bayonetta did not sell that well on 360 and ps3. The game wouldn't have been made if Nintendo hadn't stepped in because sega, sony, or microsoft didn't want to fund a sequel. Now that this game has a bad press it may not perform so well when it comes to other platforms.
---
Valar morghulis
#15MrImpatient35Posted 8/18/2014 8:48:07 AM
I'm just guessing here, but I think X1 will be a lot more popular than it is now after this holiday, with all the great games and media player coming. Not to mention DLNA.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#16rusty12000Posted 8/18/2014 8:51:37 AM
It's only a timed exclusive, I can wait.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM