Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?

#11Garage_ManPosted 8/18/2014 11:36:41 AM
No idea but its getting really annoying. Every single time I come here and someone makes a Sony game vs MS game all it consists of is me fanboys bashing the Sony games.

I literally do not understand....Anywayssss
#12FalxXDPosted 8/18/2014 11:37:24 AM
IceHusky posted...
FalxXD posted...
It's human nature.

Gaming is kind of like religion and politics for people.

Ugh...it shouldn't be this way. Gaming shouldn't have sides, like religion and politics. It should be celebrated by all who are interested in it.

I completely agree, unfortunately there are just so many polarizing issues, it's almost impossible to have a civil conversation.

Well it's probably more inflamed by the false sense of anonymity one gets on the internet.
---
I was modded once for saying please understand, when I challenged it the mod said please understand.
#13IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:39:17 AM(edited)
regsantotomas posted...
I think that this behavior is exacerbated by anonymity combined with a forum where vitriol is likely to get more attention than actual dialog. You see this not only on forums and message boards but it is encouraged by "news" where every issue is always represented by at least two talking heads which often creates a false equivalence

Yeah, I am just sick of people and there always being "two sides to the same coin" mentality. It makes me glad to be an anti-social and just avoid people entirely. People suck!

It would be great if Xbox One and PS4 gamers could come together and instead of arguing, which I admit partaking in myself, about our piece of plastic, we just talk and celebrate about our games that we have on our consoles. At the same time, it would be great if developers were more open to listening to their fans and stop ignoring us with ideas that could make games great instead of being focused on making $$$$$$. I guess it is just the idealist in me talking though. Ugh! >_>
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#14regsantotomasPosted 8/18/2014 11:39:38 AM
IceHusky posted...

Yeah, I am just sick of people and there always being "two sides to the same coin" mentality. It makes me glad to be an anti-social and just avoid people entirely. People suck!

It would be great if Xbox One and PS4 gamers could come together and instead of arguing, which I admit partaking in myself, about our piece of plastic, we just talk and celebrate about our games that we have on our consoles. At the same time, it would be great if developers were more open to listening to their fans and stop ignoring us with ideas that could make games great. :)

This is the great unfortunate result of the behavior: that we as a gaming community are arbitrarily dividing ourselves despite sharing a common interest to defend an inanimate object that we prefer.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#15eastofeastsidePosted 8/18/2014 11:40:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16SigmaLongshotPosted 8/18/2014 11:40:02 AM
The sides thing isn't universal, it's a juvenile mentality shown in all mammals, to try to side with the clan of highest potential and repel all others.

Usually in adolescence, as a means of perpetrating your own whilst blocking out others. A genetic thing.

Once humans age they start to realise that segregation is a lost remnant of an instinctive age and collaborate to forward the species, but youngsters thrive on collective exception.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
#17Reflex-ArcPosted 8/18/2014 11:41:00 AM
redditon4chan posted...
Internet.

Ding ding ding!

This is what happens when you give every idiot in the world a stage and a megaphone.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#18duericPosted 8/18/2014 11:42:51 AM
IceHusky posted...

It would be great if Xbox One and PS4 gamers could come together and instead of arguing, which I admit partaking in myself, about our piece of plastic, we just talk and celebrate about our games that we have on our consoles. At the same time, it would be great if developers were more open to listening to their fans and stop ignoring us with ideas that could make games great. :)

Dude, only here is this not a thing.

If we were to measure Gamefaqs size relative to the real world of gamers, The Gamefaqs population would be the equivalent to a local Pizza Hut during the lunch buffet in the smallest town in Rhode Island.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#19TwinmoldPosted 8/18/2014 11:43:58 AM
Forums always attract anti-social people. These people tend to have obnoxious behaviors, hence, trolling.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#20duericPosted 8/18/2014 11:46:19 AM
Twinmold posted...
Forums always attract anti-social people. These people tend to have obnoxious behaviors, hence, trolling.

The truth of the matter is is that as long as people here take this s*** personally and seriously, the trolls are always the most entertaining thing about Gamefaqs popular message boards. No matter which side you fall on.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member