Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?
1 year ago#21
It seems people in this thread are forgetting about the other side of this equation that I mentioned in my OP though: the developers/publishers. They are also guilty of the us vs them mentality, hence the DLC, microtransactions, season passes, relying on sequels, etc. Instead of giving us great gaming experiences for the sake of the gamer, they are entirely focused on how to make more money and money only. It feels very segregated when publishers are so out of touch with their fanbase; a segregation that they bring on themselves. :(
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
1 year ago#22
IceHusky posted...
they are entirely focused on how to make more money and money only.

How old are you?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
1 year ago#23
IceHusky posted...
It seems people in this thread are forgetting about the other side of this equation that I mentioned in my OP though: the developers/publishers. They are also guilty of the us vs them mentality, hence the DLC, microtransactions, season passes, relying on sequels, etc. Instead of giving us great gaming experiences for the sake of the gamer, they are entirely focused on how to make more money and money only. It feels very segregated when publishers are so out of touch with their fanbase; a segregation that they bring on themselves. :(

I develop for a large company and internally the only thing I encounter (rather seldom) within the team is the occasional PC pomposity. Consoles are fairly indifferent to us.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
Old PS3/PSVita: SigmaLongshot (Stay tuned for PS4 tag!)
1 year ago#24
dueric posted...
IceHusky posted...

How old are you?

So instead of focusing on the entire post, you are just focusing on the money making part of my post? Companies are only good when they have the customers who will support them. As soon as companies start to lose the consumer focus, that's when they are in trouble; hence why EA, Activision and Ubisoft are currently the 3 most hated gaming companies in the industry. Also, to answer your question I am 39, not that that matters to the context of this thread. >_>
---
1 year ago#25
IceHusky posted...
dueric posted...
IceHusky posted...

How old are you?

So instead of focusing on the entire post, you are just focusing on the money making part of my post? Companies are only good when they have the customers who will support them. As soon as companies start to lose the consumer focus, that's when they are in trouble; hence why EA, Activision and Ubisoft are currently the 3 most hated gaming companies in the industry. Also, to answer your question I am 39, not that that matters to the context of this thread. >_>

Because in the real world, one sentence of ignorance makes everything fall apart. Blame life.

Alls you did here was add a few more.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
1 year ago#26
because it really is us against them. sony hasnt got a chance because xbox has better ecxlusives and better branding. sony has there one or two ecxlusives that arent what everyone says there are.
1 year ago#27
redditon4chan posted...
Internet.

dueric posted...
It only feels that way to people without jobs.

FalxXD posted...
It's human nature.

Gaming is kind of like religion and politics for people.

These are all acceptable answers.
---
Always O.G.
1 year ago#28
dueric posted...
IceHusky posted...
dueric posted...
IceHusky posted...

How old are you?

Because in the real world, one sentence of ignorance makes everything fall apart. Blame life.

Alls you did here was add a few more.

So basically you have nothing to contribute to this thread and are just looking to troll. Got it.
---
1 year ago#29
Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?

I'm not feeling it.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
1 year ago#30
I guess that I don't really see the relationship between gamers and developers/publishers as adversary - maybe I am in the minority here.

Gamers have a symbiotic relationship with game makers - they need us as much as we need them. While there certainly has been instances where poor decisions or bad messaging have occurred; I don't see this as coming from a point of malice.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived