Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?

#61holden4everPosted 8/18/2014 3:53:32 PM
The problem is people can't admit when they're wrong. Once you can the rest is easy.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#62harrisonmeskoPosted 8/18/2014 3:59:01 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
redditon4chan posted...
Sevi_ney posted...
It's only on gfaqs

This guy has clearly never been on Youtube.

Or worked as a programmer.

I don't get it, elaborate pls.
---
"Any computation by some Model A can be simulated on a Turing Machine." -Selim Akl
#63SetzeraPosted 8/18/2014 4:06:13 PM
I have to agree with most of what TC said. For a while now, it's seems like gamers always have to battle for our rights, otherwise companies will just go to town on our fun and wallets.

I've also noticed, people, both online, and in stores here, are really angry at each other over simple things. Just today I was at Gamestop, and the way two friends were talking seemed almost hostile when it came to tone. "Graphics aren't everything, YOU should know that because you play Pokémon, haha you derp".

I'm sure they were joking, but then you come online and it's a flame fest. Y U SO HOSTILE?!
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#64brett1081Posted 8/18/2014 4:06:26 PM
IceHusky posted...
dueric posted...

Of course. Because I'm the one who said the three largest publishers in the world lost their consumer focus.

Someone who knows their s*** might actually say they've perfected it. But hey, what's reality matter on the internet?

So in your mind, perfection = hated company by the fanbase. Okay. :::thumbs up:::

LOL at thinking gfaqs represent a significant portion of their customers. If people hated these things and didn't buy the games they would be out of business. But they aren't so they must know more about their fans and customers than you? Imagine that. Just keep calling everyone trolls though. Your parents must be proud.
---
PSN ID: Duran25
#65Xdz89Posted 8/18/2014 5:00:47 PM
TC I completely agree. I feel like as a group gamers have been wedged apart by marketing, it started in the 90s with Sega versus Nintendo and the success of that on kids (myself included) led them to go deeper with it. Anymore its not about the cool game that comes out as much as its about the controversy that said game creates, or who has exclusivity deals, or who the developer likes better.

Depending on where you stand on those matters and whose voice you trust, you want to defend "your company". Companies haven't perfected marketing products, they've perfected taking advantage of human pettiness. The argument is ancient: "Mine is better than yours....nyanyanya" and it works well. If we all stepped back once in a while and thought about where the games we love came from maybe we could see that console wars are stupid, that developers need us WAAAAAYYYY more than we need them, and that everything has strengths and weaknesses, whether its better gameplay in game A versus B or different form factors of Controller 1 versus 2.

Most of all we all need respect. Respect for each others opinions, respect for each other as gamers and it would be nice to get respect from the makers and publishers of games and consoles.
---
Every fanboy will find fault with me, and thats ok. - the reasonable gamefaqs user mantra.
3ds fc: 1719-3834-6317 (pm to add please)
#66zxghostravenxzPosted 8/18/2014 5:04:36 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
Anderjak posted...
people inherently desire some level of superiority with regard to not being wrong, because, well, being wrong sucks

eh, i like being wrong sometimes, it breaks up the monotony

Sometimes it's hard to be wrong. Especially when you know you're wrong, and admit that you're wrong, that makes it right. Therefore you're always right.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#67Otter09Posted 8/18/2014 5:34:30 PM
It's like this with many expensive purchases. Once someone makes a decision, they will try to convince themselves and others that they made the correct choice by knocking the one they didn't go with and championing the one they did. The same thing happens with cars (Camaro vs. Mustang) and just about anything else that is too expensive for most to obtain all possible options.The truth is all platforms have pros (yes, even the Wii U) and all have cons, and it shouldn't matter what other people play on, as long as you enjoy the platform(s) of your choice.
---
PSN:mclovin350, Gamertag: aklotter09, Nintendo ID: otter09
#68Kageblade23Posted 8/18/2014 5:39:53 PM
because it starts at a corporate stand point where they bash eachother without bashing eachother and people tend to take sides and use labels fighting against eachother because most of them think of their opinions as fact because there are other people who are fighting the same battle so alot of it is muddled information being held up by white knighters
---
3DSFC:1521-2934-6738, PSN(PS3/Vita):KagE_BLadE23, GT(360):KaGEBlade23
#69teh1337gosuPosted 8/18/2014 5:53:12 PM
redditon4chan posted...
Internet.

/topic
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#70Treeherder41Posted 8/18/2014 5:54:03 PM
zxghostravenxz posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
Anderjak posted...
people inherently desire some level of superiority with regard to not being wrong, because, well, being wrong sucks

eh, i like being wrong sometimes, it breaks up the monotony

Sometimes it's hard to be wrong. Especially when you know you're wrong, and admit that you're wrong, that makes it right. Therefore you're always right.

*Sips tea* Mmmm.................quite.