Why does it always feel like "Us vs Them" in this hobby?

#71AzaneAzerPosted 8/18/2014 7:08:24 PM
Because Microsoft made it us vs them when they attacked consumers by calling us pirates.
#72MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/18/2014 7:10:36 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Because Microsoft made it us vs them when they attacked consumers by calling us pirates.

Shiver me timers exclusives!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#73Chr0noidPosted 8/18/2014 7:14:32 PM
Because it is us versus them! Or is slowly becoming that way! Do you realize how corrupt the gaming industry is? How big the schism is becoming between gamer and game developer? Have you not been paying attention to the gaming news recently? Stupid greedy publishers making deals with Microsoft, Day 1 DLC, microtransactions, DRM, stuff being cut from the game to be sold as DLC later on, outright lies, exaggerated promises and claims, the list goes on and on and on.

Every thing is behind closed doors! There is no communication! The corporate fat cats and big wigs have all the say ever since gaming became so profitable and so mainstream. Developers ceased to make money to make more games and started to make games to make more money. It's ridiculous!
---
Every dream inside my soul. When you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet, singing "ain't this life so sweet?"
#74dormcastePosted 8/18/2014 7:33:20 PM
Target audience is teenagers. Thus, teenager behavior.
#75wh0_kn0wsPosted 8/18/2014 7:44:38 PM
MicrosoftLover

lol
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.

lol
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#76zxghostravenxzPosted 8/18/2014 7:51:14 PM
AzaneAzer posted...

But what if we're ninjas?
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#77The_InebriatorPosted 8/18/2014 8:05:21 PM
As others have said: gamers + internet = bad

Honestly it is disgusting to see the way people act on sites like this sometimes, but they are just the vocal village idiot in my eyes. Most adult gamers are mature, normal people who don't participate in childish flame wars. Since they don't post in said pointless topics, it seems as though the majority are insane and idiotic.

My advice is to just to resist the urge to enter those topics and attic to ones that actually celebrate the hobby we love and encourage thoughtful and civil discussion. Morons will always make an appearance, but they're much more likely to show up in groups if you get my meaning.
---
I have not yet begun to procrastinate.
#78IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 8:07:43 PM
Thanks everyone. There are a lot of great responses that are providing some good reasons why we cannot come together as gamers. Sadly, I wish it wasn't so but the reality is from what I am gathering by the responses are that people just plain downright suck, which there is nothing to be done about it. It's a good thing I try to avoid people at all costs, including gamers. I really do feel like it is "me vs the world," instead of "us vs them" as to what the topic originally started as; especially from the responses given in this thread.

On another note: I do see that the way people treat each other isn't just localized on the internet; I see a lot of internet behavior moving over to the real world too, regardless of potential consequences that might occur. It seems that people in the real world are more rude than ever since the advent of the internet and open communication that can happen anonymously. People are just open and confrontational more than ever than they used to be prior to the internet. We have the internet to thank for that, IMHO.

It's all really sad when one really thinks about it. :(
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#79Xian042Posted 8/18/2014 8:10:42 PM
just imagine if we had social media and all those websites during the 16-Bit wars, violence would be breaking out everywhere
---
Ouch! What do you do?
#80IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 8:12:32 PM
dormcaste posted...
Target audience is teenagers. Thus, teenager behavior.

That's why I don't understand why people say the average gamer is in their mid-30's, when it seems like the average age should be much lower, like 21 or something. Just look at GameFAQs alone; most of the users on this site is around 25 or younger.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004