XboxOne is losing to the PS4 and that's ok

#1Dancouga_NovaPosted 8/18/2014 3:45:08 PM
Ever since Sony and MS' s consoles launched, we've been having thread after thread of PS4 outselling the XBO and if MS can turn its fortunes around.

My question is why does it matter? Even if Xbox never outsells the PS4 this gen, its still selling well for a second place console, and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. There's enough Xboxs out there that you won't get a Wii U style drought; publishers are still going to want to make their games multiplat and first party games are still going to be able to turn a profit. So yeah, even if the Xbox doesn't win this gens console war, you're still going to be able to get most the games you want, and that's what matters in the end.

And before people try to call this a reassurance topic, I'd like to point out I'm mainly a PC gamer, though I also own a Wii U and have just bought a PS4.
#2duericPosted 8/18/2014 3:47:21 PM
It matters because work goes by much faster when people are arguing.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3Garfield64Posted 8/18/2014 3:51:40 PM
dueric posted...
It matters because work goes by much faster when people are arguing.

this
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#4Shadowfxd2Posted 8/18/2014 3:53:42 PM
I only play on winning consoles!

*continues playing Dreamcast*
#5Laylow12Posted 8/18/2014 3:55:04 PM
Don't forget it's losing to Wii-U as well.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6MusuoJoePosted 8/18/2014 3:55:58 PM
It doesn't matter to me because next year I will be able to afford a PS4 as well and have them both. Win Win for me..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#7MusuoJoePosted 8/18/2014 3:56:57 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Don't forget it's losing to Wii-U as well.

Go away, you always add negativity to posts at that's all..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#8Laylow12Posted 8/18/2014 4:07:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Shik_stickPosted 8/18/2014 4:08:47 PM
Console war aside, i think it matters to a lot of people because of what MS tried to pull with Xbox One. It really did some damage to their reputation and image since it made them the big bad guy in the industry and pretty much a laughing stock.

I'm not saying that in a petty fanboy way but as a gamer who cares what happens to this industry, like so many more out there. If MS got their way console gaming would be dead within a few years. Add on top of all of that their lying, insulting the fanbase and consumers and blaming it all on us for just "Not understanding their vision" and you have a lot reasons for people to want them to fall flat on their faces.

I am one of those people. MS screwed up and they are still trying to fix things. Because of everything they did i refuse to support them. I voted with my money and went with the PS4, and will continue to do so by NOT purchasing anything with the Xbox brand on it.

So in a way, for a lot of people seeing MS so desperate and losing so badly and then bragging about it or(i'm not one of those people) is like seeing the bully on the playground get his ass kicked and dragged through mud. It's fun to talk about and witness, even if it doesn't really matter in the long run.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#10duericPosted 8/18/2014 4:10:17 PM
Shik_stick posted...
Console war aside, i think it matters to a lot of people because of what MS tried to pull with Xbox One. It really did some damage to their reputation and image since it made them the big bad guy in the industry and pretty much a laughing stock.

I'm not saying that in a petty fanboy way but as a gamer who cares what happens to this industry, like so many more out there. If MS got their way console gaming would be dead within a few years. Add on top of all of that their lying, insulting the fanbase and consumers and blaming it all on us for just "Not understanding their vision" and you have a lot reasons for people to want them to fall flat on their faces.

I am one of those people. MS screwed up and they are still trying to fix things. Because of everything they did i refuse to support them. I voted with my money and went with the PS4, and will continue to do so by NOT purchasing anything with the Xbox brand on it.

So in a way, for a lot of people seeing MS so desperate and losing so badly and then bragging about it or(i'm not one of those people) is like seeing the bully on the playground get his ass kicked and dragged through mud. It's fun to talk about and witness, even if it doesn't really matter in the long run.

This guy gets it. ^

To 500!
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member