XboxOne is losing to the PS4 and that's ok

#31DarthWingnut2Posted 8/18/2014 6:52:39 PM
Because people resist change. They like what is old and comfortable, what they are used to. The simple truth is all that whining, all that vitriol about how "Microsoft tried to screw over gamers" by doing things that Steam has been doing for years, it is all meaningless. Having to have your system complete a handshake once per day you are playing on your system to verify that you still hold the licenses to the games you own is not really onerous when it gets you the ability to loan out those licenses to friends.
Used games are becoming obsolete, as the world goes more and more digital, that is just the way the world is moving, and it isn't wholly a bad thing. Why is Microsoft bad for recognizing that the world is going digital? When was the last time you bought a CD? Most people either torrent them, or just pay for the digital copy.
#32GothmogzPosted 8/18/2014 7:04:47 PM
Many people is insecure they put the money on the wrong place, nobody likes to pay the same for inferior versions of multi and worse exclusives, less genres, etc.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#33KlaimePosted 8/18/2014 7:29:56 PM
It's selling well for a third place console
#34Queen_of_Lazy89Posted 8/18/2014 7:35:18 PM
astutecollie posted...
It really doesnt matter. It sold 5 mil in half a year when it was the most expensive console on the market, and they havent even released any of their big heavy hitters yet. Titanfall is a new ip.

MS and the x1 will be just fine. Sony and MS both got pumelled by the wii, and guess what, they both stuck around the entire gen. Same will happen this gen. And dont forget, sony needs the sales way more than than ms ever would. Sony is broke, in deep debt, funding divisions with massive loans they will never pay off, selling other divisions off. Meanwhile, ms is thriving, one of the wealthiest companies on earth, with around 250 bil cash on hand. Even if the x1 only ends up selling 50 mil, thats not bad and they will take that every gen.

I think it goes without saying they will pass the wii u soon so thats not even worth worrying about.

Playstation has yet to get any of its big console sellers either and yet its sitting comfortably at over 10 million units sold. Also wasn't Titanfall supposed to be the game changer for the XBO? I could have sworn you guys were all claiming that the moment Titanfall dropped that it would be the beginning of the end for the Playstation. Also once again you Microsoft fanboys jump to claiming Sony is dead broke and failing to take into account that Sony's gaming division is actually doing really well.
---
"Going to the Grand Canyon" is how Limbaugh's doctor refers to giving Limbaugh a colonoscopy-Kavatar
#35B1GB0SS_86Posted 8/18/2014 7:49:36 PM
DarthWingnut2 posted...
Because people resist change. They like what is old and comfortable, what they are used to. The simple truth is all that whining, all that vitriol about how "Microsoft tried to screw over gamers" by doing things that Steam has been doing for years, it is all meaningless. Having to have your system complete a handshake once per day you are playing on your system to verify that you still hold the licenses to the games you own is not really onerous when it gets you the ability to loan out those licenses to friends.
Used games are becoming obsolete, as the world goes more and more digital, that is just the way the world is moving, and it isn't wholly a bad thing. Why is Microsoft bad for recognizing that the world is going digital? When was the last time you bought a CD? Most people either torrent them, or just pay for the digital copy.

This is so true but no matter how much you explain this to fanboys they will still say Microsoft is the devil. I had no problem with drm because my systems stay online, and i started going all digital once they started having games for download but i mostly went digital on ps3 last gen. Since day one for xbox all 16 games that i own are all digital i have no disc for my Xbox one. I also have stopped buying used games so the whole used game thing wouldnt bother me. When it all comes down to it i think its about what you can afford. Believe it or not alot of gamers are cheap and alot of them dont work or have a huge amount of stable income so they rely on used systems and used games to get what they need out of gaming. This is my opinion though so dont take it as fact.
#36Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/18/2014 7:56:59 PM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
DarthWingnut2 posted...

This is so true but no matter how much you explain this to fanboys they will still say Microsoft is the devil. I had no problem with drm because my systems stay online, and i started going all digital once they started having games for download but i mostly went digital on ps3 last gen. Since day one for xbox all 16 games that i own are all digital i have no disc for my Xbox one. I also have stopped buying used games so the whole used game thing wouldnt bother me. When it all comes down to it i think its about what you can afford. Believe it or not alot of gamers are cheap and alot of them dont work or have a huge amount of stable income so they rely on used systems and used games to get what they need out of gaming. This is my opinion though so dont take it as fact.

good for the both of you. you like drm, always online. guess what a lot of people didnt.
#37SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/18/2014 8:11:17 PM
lilj812 posted...
ave1 posted...
If the bully has a change of heart and changes his ways, there's always forgiveness....

I believe the bully in this case ended up changing his ways, but not his heart. MS still blames the consumer for not excepting their vision, instead of apologizing.

If they said "we were wrong for trying any of that drm/always online/Kinect connected stuff, and we're sorry," I would buy an Xbox one lol.

Are you that petty? Thats going to keep you from enjoying a console?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#38NeoMonkPosted 8/18/2014 8:11:36 PM
MusuoJoe posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Don't forget it's losing to Wii-U as well.

Go away, you always add negativity to posts at that's all..

Wii U has sold 7.5M units...
XB1 so far around 5M....
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#39LorneMaIvoPosted 8/18/2014 8:17:36 PM
It's not fine. When the PS4 is on 35m sales next year as the Xbox One barely makes it to 15m, that huge gap is gonna mean something to devs.

At best, they'll do quick, unoptimised ports of fully optimised, smooth, polished PS4 multiplats to the X1.

At worst, they might not even bother releasing their game on X1 at all.

This is the gen where the PlayStation console is the one to own.
#40B1GB0SS_86Posted 8/18/2014 9:56:41 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
lilj812 posted...
ave1 posted...
If the bully has a change of heart and changes his ways, there's always forgiveness....

I believe the bully in this case ended up changing his ways, but not his heart. MS still blames the consumer for not excepting their vision, instead of apologizing.

If they said "we were wrong for trying any of that drm/always online/Kinect connected stuff, and we're sorry," I would buy an Xbox one lol.

Are you that petty? Thats going to keep you from enjoying a console?

Lol i hate to see how some of these guys deal with real life such as friends and women. So much entitlement.