XboxOne is losing to the PS4 and that's ok

#51redeyes6778Posted 8/19/2014 8:12:00 PM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
orestes1981 posted...
Miiri0 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
Console war aside, i think it matters to a lot of people because of what MS tried to pull with Xbox One. It really did some damage to their reputation and image since it made them the big bad guy in the industry and pretty much a laughing stock.

I'm not saying that in a petty fanboy way but as a gamer who cares what happens to this industry, like so many more out there. If MS got their way console gaming would be dead within a few years. Add on top of all of that their lying, insulting the fanbase and consumers and blaming it all on us for just "Not understanding their vision" and you have a lot reasons for people to want them to fall flat on their faces.

I am one of those people. MS screwed up and they are still trying to fix things. Because of everything they did i refuse to support them. I voted with my money and went with the PS4, and will continue to do so by NOT purchasing anything with the Xbox brand on it.

So in a way, for a lot of people seeing MS so desperate and losing so badly and then bragging about it or(i'm not one of those people) is like seeing the bully on the playground get his ass kicked and dragged through mud. It's fun to talk about and witness, even if it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Sony single handedly save console gaming from Microsoft evil plan. If not for sony, console gaming will have always online requirements, nasty drm, no used game, no sharing games with friends, spycam compulsary mining data every time and selling your information for ads, etc

But some of Microsoft evil plan did success. The most noticeable one is paying for online play. Microsoft is the one who started pushing and populrized this practice to console gaming.

But, even sony did got tainted by Microsoft online gaming approach, again, sony actually also save xbone gamers from Microsoft evil clutches. Ps plus amazing service single handedly force Microsoft to take down ridiculous paywall on live for subscribed games and apps. Live also start giving away games for free solely due to peer pressure from psn amazing perks.

/truth

And if Sony was not around, we would have saw another video game crash similar to the one in the 80s.

Oh please..... sony was gonna do drm also they just let ms hang themselves then they said they weren't gonna do it. They also were gonna bundle the camera for ps4 but they saw the backlash from the kinect and decided not to. Then they got everybody on thier side now eveybody thinks sony is the savior of gaming. You all did what they wanted you to do. Its marketing at its best and you all buy into it. You sony fanboys even have bought into the whole "greatness awaits" thing and tell people oh sony will have better exclusives in the future. What matters is now. I got Xbox one over ps4 because they had a better variety of games. If i had ps4 i wouldn't be playing it. If i spend hundreds of dollars on a console i want to be able to enjot it and play that sucker til it breaks not get a system and have to wait for greatness in 2015. Overall i still love sony but some of you need to get off sony's jock.

Doesn't matter of they were going to the only point is sony did not try it and M$ shot themselves in the head trying to put in tons of DRM
#52FenriswolfPosted 8/19/2014 8:34:23 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Don't forget it's losing to Wii-U as well.

Too bad it isn't, and MK8 came and went

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/18/npd-hardware-sales-numbers-leak-for-june-2014/

PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000
3DS 152,000
Wii U 140,000
360 62,000
PS3 42,000
Vita 15,000
---
Hello
#53RCW29Posted 8/19/2014 8:40:19 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Laylow12 posted...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/18/npd-hardware-sales-numbers-leak-for-june-2014/

PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000
3DS 152,000
Wii U 140,000
360 62,000
PS3 42,000
Vita 15,000

June huh? Had to go searching for the only month xbox done managed to out sell the Pii U did ya?
#54FenriswolfPosted 8/19/2014 8:40:53 PM
Shik_stick posted...
Console war aside, i think it matters to a lot of people because of what MS tried to pull with Xbox One. It really did some damage to their reputation and image since it made them the big bad guy in the industry and pretty much a laughing stock.

I'm not saying that in a petty fanboy way but as a gamer who cares what happens to this industry, like so many more out there. If MS got their way console gaming would be dead within a few years. Add on top of all of that their lying, insulting the fanbase and consumers and blaming it all on us for just "Not understanding their vision" and you have a lot reasons for people to want them to fall flat on their faces.

I am one of those people. MS screwed up and they are still trying to fix things. Because of everything they did i refuse to support them. I voted with my money and went with the PS4, and will continue to do so by NOT purchasing anything with the Xbox brand on it.

So in a way, for a lot of people seeing MS so desperate and losing so badly and then bragging about it or(i'm not one of those people) is like seeing the bully on the playground get his ass kicked and dragged through mud. It's fun to talk about and witness, even if it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Get over yourself, apparently it's ok to support Sony after their even bigger f***up at E3 2006, asking people to work more hours for a $599 PS3, or even the 2011 PSN which Sony waited for a week before telling people that their accounts were compromised, but when MS tries to do the same in a shorter amount of time by ridding Mattrick, removing DRM and Kinect, and dropping the price, they're in the wrong?

MS haters like you should get new material instead of clinging to events of E3 2013 and beating dead horses like Don Mattrick. Phil Spencer already demonstrated Xbone is here to stay, with exclusives like Scalebound, Quantum Theory, and Sunset Overdrive.
---
Hello
#55FenriswolfPosted 8/19/2014 8:43:17 PM
Miiri0 posted...
Sony single handedly save console gaming from Microsoft evil plan. If not for sony, console gaming will have always online requirements, nasty drm, no used game, no sharing games with friends, spycam compulsary mining data every time and selling your information for ads, etc

But some of Microsoft evil plan did success. The most noticeable one is paying for online play. Microsoft is the one who started pushing and populrized this practice to console gaming.

But, even sony did got tainted by Microsoft online gaming approach, again, sony actually also save xbone gamers from Microsoft evil clutches. Ps plus amazing service single handedly force Microsoft to take down ridiculous paywall on live for subscribed games and apps. Live also start giving away games for free solely due to peer pressure from psn amazing perks.

/truth

More like trolling. You mean the same Sony who actually invented these DRM:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Ones which actually limits how many times you can install a PC game, and stealthily installs spyware into music CDs?
---
Hello
#56FenriswolfPosted 8/19/2014 9:09:59 PM(edited)
RCW29 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Laylow12 posted...

PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000
3DS 152,000
Wii U 140,000
360 62,000
PS3 42,000
Vita 15,000

June huh? Had to go searching for the only month xbox done managed to out sell the Pii U did ya?

Too bad for you, NPD data are never disclosed unless you either pay for it, or in this case, when it actually leaked. And Wii U actually doubled its sales due to MK8.
---
Hello
#57NintendoKnight9Posted 8/19/2014 8:45:14 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Laylow12 posted...

PS4 269,000
XB1 197,000
3DS 152,000
Wii U 140,000
360 62,000
PS3 42,000
Vita 15,000

NPD = US only.
---
Viva Mexico!!
#58youngskillzPosted 8/19/2014 8:59:09 PM
it's fine if it looses globally for now, but as for the usa xbox has a good chance of taking it back sooner or later.

will be a big deal when that happens.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#59PorungaPosted 8/19/2014 9:01:32 PM
youngskillz posted...
it's fine if it looses globally for now, but as for the usa xbox has a good chance of taking it back sooner or later.

Sorry, if it loses globally but wins US, it still loses. I don't really see why that would be a "big deal".
#60FenriswolfPosted 8/19/2014 9:09:15 PM
Porunga posted...
youngskillz posted...

Sorry, if it loses globally but wins US, it still loses. I don't really see why that would be a "big deal".

Same reason why movies are judged on domestic gross. The US is actually the world's biggest video game market.
---
Hello