XboxOne is losing to the PS4 and that's ok

#61destiny1990Posted 8/19/2014 10:18:36 PM
Porunga posted...
youngskillz posted...
it's fine if it looses globally for now, but as for the usa xbox has a good chance of taking it back sooner or later.

will be a big deal when that happens.

Sorry, if it loses globally but wins US, it still loses. I don't really see why that would be a "big deal".

because North America (US) is clearly the biggest video game market. It is not even close. Just look at console and software sales in US compared to other regions, especially past trends.
#62redeyes6778Posted 8/20/2014 1:29:29 AM
destiny1990 posted...
Porunga posted...
youngskillz posted...
it's fine if it looses globally for now, but as for the usa xbox has a good chance of taking it back sooner or later.

will be a big deal when that happens.

Sorry, if it loses globally but wins US, it still loses. I don't really see why that would be a "big deal".

because North America (US) is clearly the biggest video game market. It is not even close. Just look at console and software sales in US compared to other regions, especially past trends.

Thing is PS4 is winning in US as well
#63deathsaber79Posted 8/20/2014 9:46:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64Exodus_PrimePosted 8/20/2014 10:39:30 AM
Wow...people still holding a grudge against a plastic box I see. I better be a bitter soul less fanboy against Sony for being hacked and for E3 2006 and never forgive them and not spend a penny on their console. The loud gaming community. I'm glad I don't have most of you on my PSN/Live friends list.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#65SixStringHeroPosted 8/20/2014 11:23:50 AM
This has been an interesting read. It's amusing to see how people's perception of a company changes. Money hatting third party exclusives? Sony has been doing this since the PS1 days people, yet if MS does it apparently it's evil.

I applaud MS for changing course and trying to gain back the goodwill they used to have, but it will be an uphill battle for them. They pissed away a lot of that goodwill and many gamers have moved on to the competition.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#66IHATEMYGTPosted 8/20/2014 12:37:46 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
I honestly hope they flounder and MS bigwigs shutter the entire division- which they might do it isn't even in the picture of leading the industry.

Xbox has always been a horrid laughable brand with no real concept of gamers and what they want. Sure they've thrown a lot of money around and stumbled into some success, but by and by they are awful. The first console was wretched and hardly anybody bought it compared to PS2. If it wasn't for them paying for exclusive Halo, Elder Scrolls, and Bioware games, it would have been completely worthless.

Unfortunately, Sony horribly bungled the launch of the ps3 for a number of reasons (released too late, at way too high of a price, initial game offerings not good enough), so they basically handed the first half of the generation to Xbox 360 which was actually affordable, and most third party devs adopted as the model console for their games. People who wanted to get into HD gaming in 2006-2009 really didn't have much choice but to get an Xbox- Why would anyone spend $500-600 on a ps3 when you could spend $200 on a 360 and play the games of the time.

Eventually though, Sony got it together, got the ps3 affordable, got the exclusive first party games in place, stole the momentum back and they basically closed the distance by the end of the generation
Now with this gen, the momentum has remained with Sony, MS has made the horrific bungles launching the Bone, and continually commits violations to its audience (DRM, tried to kill used games/resale, forced Kinect, then complete 180 on all of their originally stated policy which they previously (not to mention extremely rudely) said was the new law of the land, moneyhatting third party games that have no business being exclusive to a weak selling console instead of making their own compelling content. It just doesn't stop.

Fortunately, Sony is now enjoying over 2 to 1 worldwide sales advantage AFTER xbox price drop and free game bundles, so its nice to see that horrible company getting its just desserts.

Keep fighting the good fight bruh, if ur lucky you might be able to play a game you like on your ps4 before your done!!
---
Make the internet the place YOU want it to be :)