Confused about xboxone tv

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Confused about xboxone tv
11 months ago#11
No your wrong. The XB1 would need some sort of tuner to accept a coax signal and use it for the TV app. The reason that your TV is able to get channels without having a cable box is because it has a digital tuner built in. It's more complex than you realize.
11 months ago#12
darkwind56 posted...
CapwnD posted...
darkwind56 posted...
If its not proccessing anything than how does it cunage channels using only the xbox controller?

The kinect is an IR blaster, it sends the IR signal to change the channel. As long as the cable box is in the same room the IR is able to change the channel, even if it's not line-of-sight.

I actually use the Xbox to change the channel of my other TV, the one that is not being used by the Xbox One. I have nothing plugged into the Xbox One HDMI input. When I use the remote, it tries to go to the TV and it says "oops there's no HDMI connection" but I just back out and continue doing what I was doing. Meanwhile it changed the channel on my cable box where I'm watching TV on the other TV.

Maybe it does but from what i read kinect is optional so when your using the xbox remote it is only speaking to the xbox which somehow acts as a direct input remote control. If it can do that it should be able to easily change the input on the tv window to cable, which is just anothee remote function anyway and seems like it should work since it can already change channel. All the xbox is doing anyway is pip with the overlay and tv, two seperate inputs. Literally all it would need is an input/video function so it would work without a box.

Kinect is optional, and without it you cannot change the channels. Because the Kinect is what blasts the IR to change the channels. There is no control over HDMI. That's not how it works. the only thing that could be controlled over HDMI would be turning the TV on and off, and maybe the volume.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
11 months ago#13
darkwind56 posted...
The thing is the reason i would like this function because it would give me a tv guide function onscreen, whereas if you have a box this is built in and its feauture reduntant since theres no dvr. It dosent seem like people with the box would even benifit except for saving one button press.

The advantage of using the OneGuide (the Xbox One's guide) instead of your cable box guide is because every cable box guide, everywhere sucks. Cable boxes are crap. The Oneguide is much better. That's the only reason I occasionally use it the way I described above.

Now if we're talking about satellite TV, that's another story. They have much better equipment. Cable companies don't need to upgrade their equipment. They got us because of the kickass internet.
---
11 months ago#14
staticxtreme5 posted...
No your wrong. The XB1 would need some sort of tuner to accept a coax signal and use it for the TV app. The reason that your TV is able to get channels without having a cable box is because it has a digital tuner built in. It's more complex than you realize.

Yea but if you had the coaxial going through the tv it would already be going through the tuner and all the xbox woukd need to do is use that. What im saying is dont use anything for the hdmi input. I guess if that dosent work i read some tvs have hdmi out which could pkug into the input.
---
Diamond FC - 5154 9474 6380
11 months ago#15
I wonder if they could make a smartglass app for phones with ir blasters. So kinect wouldnt be neccesary. I can already use the samsung guide on my phone the only disadvantage is its a small screen and easier to see on the tv.
---
11 months ago#16
Kinect isn't necessary. There is an IR out on the back of the system.
11 months ago#17
Now that i think about it; it does make sense because when you use the ir it changes the channel of the tv so you would need the cable since the ir to that would change the channel without actually changing the tv channel which would turn off the xbox. The only way I could see is if you used your tvs pip mode and the fit the one with tv channels in the xboxs window and then use the ir blaster to change that tge channels for that box so it would not affect the guide. Its too bad the xbox cant add this if you dont have it.
---
11 months ago#18
CapwnD posted...
^ I'm not sure how somebody can be as ridiculous as you on a daily basis.

Where are you getting Data mining?

From Microsoft themselves. Have you ever heard of NuAds?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
11 months ago#19
When you setup your tv to your xbox you can install the remote code allowing the console to turn the volume up down change channel etc.
11 months ago#20
Laylow12 posted...
CapwnD posted...
^ I'm not sure how somebody can be as ridiculous as you on a daily basis.

Where are you getting Data mining?

From Microsoft themselves. Have you ever heard of NuAds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFG1NqKzCg

seriously. I know you're just a troll who trolls here daily, but at least get your crap straight and learn how it works.

Do you even read or understand the troll garbage you link?
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Confused about xboxone tv

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived