Played Ryse for the first time

#11mokmuudPosted 8/18/2014 5:14:32 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
You can call a lot of games button masters if you play them on easy settings. Try playing Ryse on a higher difficulty, button mashing won't cut it. Try getting all the content unlocked, button mashing won't cut it. There is a skill system to the game that rewards properly timed and executed controls. Calling it a button masher is just lazy criticism.

I agree it's not a button masher. It's just a crappy game.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#12aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 5:26:39 PM
dueric posted...
shotgunheadshot posted...
Ryse looks like a wicked game. I wish I could get it on my ps4. I don't know why its not liked much.

It's just not interesting enough.

When you play you feel like you're just pressing buttons rather than getting immersed in an experience.

Wow that perfectly describes it. That is exactly how I felt while playing it.

billsfanno1 posted...
You can call a lot of games button masters if you play them on easy settings. Try playing Ryse on a higher difficulty, button mashing won't cut it. Try getting all the content unlocked, button mashing won't cut it. There is a skill system to the game that rewards properly timed and executed controls. Calling it a button masher is just lazy criticism.

I don't judge games based on their difficulty. I judge them based on how fun they are. This game on the normal difficulty setting is boring to me. Maybe the combat is more difficult to time on harder difficulties, but the combat system itself is wholly simplistic.
#13SythisTaruPosted 8/18/2014 5:34:49 PM
It's one of the best games ever made, you Sony clown.
#14methosagainPosted 8/18/2014 5:39:45 PM
I just bought it Friday and beat it like an hour ago, and personally I loved it. Too bad we will never see a sequel.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#156speednissanPosted 8/18/2014 6:02:33 PM
I'm loving the multiplayer.
#16darkness1018Posted 8/18/2014 6:10:23 PM
I liked Ryse when I played it at a friend's but I also games games of the same kind. I plan on picking up my own copy when I get my Sunset Overdrive bundle.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1