1 year ago#31
- Streaming services - services like Netflix hit consoles in 2008
- Season Passes announced before games are released - This was first implemented by LA NOIRE in 2011 and was picked up by several developers after that
- Timed DLC - If I'm not mistaken this started with Microsoft getting GTA IV exclusive DLC in 2007
- Third party Exclusives bought - this has been happening since the PS2 era by Sony
- Pay to play demos - confused by what you mean on this one
- Games unfinished and shipped on the disc - this started on the 360/ps3 gen when developers could release patches to fix their games after release.
- Small Hard Drive Space before adding internal/ external hard drives - This is a last gen thing too
- Pay to play online- well this has been around since the original Xbox days and was only recently implemented by Sony because it is a great way to make extra money after the console has been sold.
- Graphics in games being nerfed - what do you mean? Like a Watch Dogs thing?
- Microtransactions becoming the norm - This has been around since Bethesda implemented Horse Armor into Oblivion.
- Reiterations of game series every year - Well this has been around since the beginning of sports games, but Activision showed it could be done eith the CoD franchise by having several studios develop for one game. Last gen Ubisoft also adopted this idea with their AC franchise in 2010 with Brotherhood and then in 2011 with the release of Revelations.
- Stable internet requirements - I would argue that this is where the gaming industry is going to and has started to since the release of the 360/ps3 where online gaming was a huge focal point, and those that don't have stable internet will be left behind.
Like I said, most of these have been implemented for several years now in the 7th generation of consoles.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
1 year ago#32
How come there hasn't been word from the people who moan about Microsoft doing the same thing?
I mean, just the other day we had someone praising CDP for 'doing it the right way' when Microsoft approached them for exclusive content. Where are these people, and why are they not gunning for whoever is behind Shadow of Mordor/Sony?
Am I right in assuming this was in reply to my question?
If so, are you telling me that if I bought all the parts needed for a console and set it up, so when I first powered it on, I'd need no updating whatsoever?
Last time I checked, games on PC required updates/patches day one. Skyrim would be the last game I witnessed doing so.
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
(Topic Creator)1 year ago#33
That's not just consoles, it's been happening on PC for a while now.
That makes consoles and PCs on the same level playing field then?
1 year ago#34
What happened to Jedi? He used to defend the XB1 up and down.
1 year ago#35
Xeeh_Bitz posted...That's not just consoles, it's been happening on PC for a while now.
With issues, yes. 99% of all AAA games are multiplats on PC, which carries the same DLC issues, etc.
The issues you listed also affect PC games also, that's all I'm saying. You can post that exact list on PCH and it would be accurate except the hard drive space issue. See, your problem Jedi is, you're more or less a sheep. You can't just pick a side, you have to be biased on your platform of choice. PC gaming suffers the same as console games, since majority of PC games are ports from consoles.
Except the ports carry issues of sloppy ports, optimized and a lot of times, other than higher resolutions, you still get the same crappy textures as consoles.
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
(Topic Creator)1 year ago#36
Jedi454 posted...Xeeh_Bitz posted...That's not just consoles, it's been happening on PC for a while now.
That's pretty rich coming from you, those months of trolling the Xbox One board must have got to your head.
1 year ago#37
same story differnet day xbox will win this generation again
1 year ago#38
Xeeh_Bitz posted...Jedi454 posted...
It's the truth, but next year when you switch back to consoles you'll agree and claim those issues are only exclusive to PC. That is just how you are, you can't handle criticism on something you enjoy.
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
1 year ago#39
The gaming industry has shot its self in the foot being greedy.
we will see maybe 10 true next gen games in the next 2 years
Because it's cheaper to develop for the lowest common denominator (xbox360/ps3)
then just give it pc port treatment (res/ frame rate bump)...and call it next gen...
no new game play innovations, no mind blowing graphics same ole crap PR campaigns and hype machines...
it's really sad because most of the people here haven't a clue whats going on...
They come here and claim 50mb flash arcade games meant for cell phone games are the GOTY...the 8-bit 2D resurgence is a joke...we didn't need a new system for this crap smh
bottom line it doesn't cost much to get a lot out of the average gamer today...how long that will last AND how long it will take them to realize that and adjust to it remains to be seen.
(Topic Creator)1 year ago#40
Jedi454 posted...Xeeh_Bitz posted...Jedi454 posted...
If you say so, outlander.
|More topics from this board...|
|Question about having two consoles.||Sirocco_Sam||11||10/8 1:22AM|
|one of my consoles is getting a 1 and a half GB update||vayne145||1||10/6 6:55PM|
|Microsoft and Sony both should have made stronger consoles.||MisterOrange||52||10/8 12:37PM|
|Faulty XB1 that installs and downloads 100xs slower than my last consoles.||TheMove2||7||10/6 11:46AM|
|New DLC for ESO coming November 17th for consoles. Orsinium - Gameplay trailer||cheezedadada||34||10/5 5:59PM|