Disc Drive Errors

#1ThatOneManPosted 8/19/2014 12:28:54 AM
My buddy bought a Xbox One and it wouldn't play any games. It had a faulty disc drive.

So we went and returned the Xbox One and got another one. Its doing the exact same thing. Wtf
---
I am....ThatOneMan
#2MusuoJoePosted 8/19/2014 12:32:09 AM
1-800-4MYXBOX now go away..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#3SignalMyMiseryPosted 8/19/2014 12:32:43 AM
If you want a ghetto fix.. Tip it upside down and give it a good wack where the hard drive is located. That's what fixes it.
#4NintendoKnight9Posted 8/19/2014 12:32:51 AM
MS isn't known for their reliable consoles unfortunately and some more serious problem showing up after a year is also to be considered like RROD/3rL. Maybe you should just ask your buddy to consider getting a ps4 or wiiU(+1 game) instead.
---
Viva Mexico!!
#5ThatOneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 12:35:05 AM
I tried the ghetto fix on the first one. Didn't seem to fix it.

There is no grinding noise or anything. It just says please insert a game disc, CD, DVD or blue ray.
---
I am....ThatOneMan
#6SignalMyMiseryPosted 8/19/2014 12:37:06 AM
ThatOneMan posted...

There is no grinding noise or anything. It just says please insert a game disc, CD, DVD or blue ray.

If you don't want to return it and try again, microsoft fixes them for free. It's relatively quick.
#7CooLJaY2kay4Posted 8/19/2014 12:39:05 AM
Just be glad you aren't my roommate who has gone through six, yes six, PS4 consoles. Each one has been faulty in a different way. Disc drives, hard drives, power failure. I feel bad for him and I have a One that runs perfect.
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#8NintendoKnight9Posted 8/19/2014 12:42:09 AM
SignalMyMisery posted...
ThatOneMan posted...

If you don't want to return it and try again, microsoft fixes them for free. It's relatively quick.

This. But you will pay for the shipment and it'll take couple of weeks to fix and ship back to you, so returning it to the store and buying a more reliable gaming console is a better choice imo.
---
Viva Mexico!!
#9MusuoJoePosted 8/19/2014 12:44:00 AM
CooLJaY2kay4 posted...
Just be glad you aren't my roommate who has gone through six, yes six, PS4 consoles. Each one has been faulty in a different way. Disc drives, hard drives, power failure. I feel bad for him and I have a One that runs perfect.

That sux dude, did he ever get one that worked? Sounds like just a bad batch to me..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#10JoeSkeletorPosted 8/19/2014 12:45:31 AM
My first xb1 drive went out after 30 day store warranty ran out so i had to send it into MS they fixed it for free but it took a lil over 3 weeks to get back and i lost my copy of dr3 which was stuck in the drive MS didnt give me any freebies like they did when my launch 360 rrod and when i called them back about my game they only offered me 3 free months of live.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton