Disc Drive Errors

#11SignalMyMiseryPosted 8/18/2014 11:47:26 PM
NintendoKnight9 posted...
SignalMyMisery posted...
ThatOneMan posted...
I tried the ghetto fix on the first one. Didn't seem to fix it.

There is no grinding noise or anything. It just says please insert a game disc, CD, DVD or blue ray.

If you don't want to return it and try again, microsoft fixes them for free. It's relatively quick.

This. But you will pay for the shipment and it'll take couple of weeks to fix and ship back to you, so returning it to the store and buying a more reliable gaming console is a better choice imo.

They pay for shipping. I know this because I had the predator noise hard drive problem.
#12CooLJaY2kay4Posted 8/18/2014 11:48:15 PM
MusuoJoe posted...
CooLJaY2kay4 posted...
Just be glad you aren't my roommate who has gone through six, yes six, PS4 consoles. Each one has been faulty in a different way. Disc drives, hard drives, power failure. I feel bad for him and I have a One that runs perfect.

That sux dude, did he ever get one that worked? Sounds like just a bad batch to me..

I'm not sure if he gave up on it because he still plays PS3. I still have my fat 80GB PS3 and it works great.
---
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own." - Solid Snake
#13loafy013Posted 8/18/2014 11:48:24 PM
ThatOneMan posted...

There is no grinding noise or anything. It just says please insert a game disc, CD, DVD or blue ray.

Have you tried more than one disc, just to make sure you don't have a bad game?
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#14MusuoJoePosted 8/18/2014 11:50:20 PM
CooLJaY2kay4 posted...
MusuoJoe posted...
CooLJaY2kay4 posted...
Just be glad you aren't my roommate who has gone through six, yes six, PS4 consoles. Each one has been faulty in a different way. Disc drives, hard drives, power failure. I feel bad for him and I have a One that runs perfect.

That sux dude, did he ever get one that worked? Sounds like just a bad batch to me..

I'm not sure if he gave up on it because he still plays PS3. I still have my fat 80GB PS3 and it works great.

Wow I still have my phatty 80 gig also, guess those are the dependable ones?
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#15NintendoKnight9Posted 8/18/2014 11:54:51 PM
SignalMyMisery posted...
SignalMyMisery posted...
ThatOneMan posted...

If you don't want to return it and try again, microsoft fixes them for free. It's relatively quick.

This. But you will pay for the shipment and it'll take couple of weeks to fix and ship back to you, so returning it to the store and buying a more reliable gaming console is a better choice imo.

They pay for shipping. I know this because I had the predator noise hard drive problem.

See! Another issue here! Like I said, you should ask your friend to consider getting a ps4 or wiiU(+1 game) instead.
---
Viva Mexico!!
#16ThatOneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:55:42 PM
loafy013 posted...
ThatOneMan posted...

Have you tried more than one disc, just to make sure you don't have a bad game?

We first returned the game thinking it was faulty. Got new one back and it did the same thing. So we exchanged the Xbox one this time. Got it back and it did the exact same thing.
---
I am....ThatOneMan
#17MusuoJoePosted 8/18/2014 11:56:53 PM
SignalMyMisery posted...
SignalMyMisery posted...
ThatOneMan posted...

See! Another issue here! Like I said, you should ask your friend to consider getting a ps4 or wiiU(+1 game) instead.

It's hardware there are gonna be issues so what? They pay you buy the word or what?
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#18NintendoKnight9Posted 8/19/2014 12:01:03 AM
MusuoJoe posted...

It's hardware there are gonna be issues so what? They pay you buy the word or what?

What?!
---
Viva Mexico!!
#19InjusticeRebornPosted 8/19/2014 12:05:43 AM
I missed the first two topics before they got locked.

Morning all! :waves:
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#20ThatOneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 2:45:36 AM
Well he got his money back and said he is going to try GaneStop today.
---
I am....ThatOneMan