Baseball?

#1MabusIncarnatePosted 8/19/2014 12:09:58 AM
PS4 has "MLB The Show". 2k has pulled out of making baseball games for Microsoft, so right now, there is literally no future known on Xbox One for any baseball games.

Every year, every console for as long as I can remember, has released at least one game for the four major american sports; Hockey, Football, Baseball, and Basketball. This may be the first year in a very long time that a console fails to release a sports game from one of the above four.

I'm a baseball fan, and a fan of baseball games. The lack of any kind of information, plans, or announcements about what Microsoft is doing about this genre going forward is concerning to myself and other sports fans out there.

Is there any kind of possibility that Sony loses exclusive rights to "The Show" and it could hit Xbox One in the future? If 2k is done, and they cannot get the rights to "The Show", what's next? Who else could potentially develop a baseball game on the console?

I know they released RBI Baseball on the arcade, which was absolute garbage, and I know that sports games aren't the most popular among a lot of gamers, but respect this as a legitimate question about a genre that I enjoy and the fact that i'm looking for constructive information and not opinions on the genre as a whole and whether or not you think "baseball sux". Thanks.
#2Snickers085Posted 8/19/2014 2:40:07 PM
The Show is made by SCE San Diego Studio. Bringing The Show to X1 is as likely as Forza releasing on PS4. It's not going to happen unfortunately
---
http://i.imgur.com/DOHeUJA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4k3bG4G.jpg
#3duericPosted 8/19/2014 2:48:01 PM
Yeah.It blows that we don't have a decent baseball game.

The Show is oh so good though that even if we did I'd still break out my PS3 to play it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 8/19/2014 2:53:18 PM
Baseball and Playstation go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Xbox is licorice. Don't mix peanut butter and licorice.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#5Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 2:54:59 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Baseball and Playstation go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Xbox is licorice. Don't mix peanut butter and licorice.

Beat me too it! When you getting your PS4 bro? Holla.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6kennyynnooPosted 8/19/2014 2:55:06 PM
Buy a ps3 or ps4. I kept my ps3 for the show.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#7youngunner2123Posted 8/19/2014 3:13:05 PM(edited)
Snickers085 posted...
The Show is made by SCE San Diego Studio. Bringing The Show to X1 is as likely as Forza releasing on PS4. It's not going to happen unfortunately

That's not what he meant. He clearly said "If they lose the exclusivity". Its def not a lifetime contract. Plus I'm sure MLB wants their product in as many consoles and pc's as possible

It's currently the only licensed sport on one platform.

Oh god so many spelling errors lol
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 8/19/2014 2:58:45 PM
Laylow12 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...

Beat me too it! When you getting your PS4 bro? Holla.

PS4 is a tricky one. I want to see more info on VR first, and would like PS1&2 BC at the least. I understand PS3 because the architecture was so exotic, but the other two are so do-able. Do it damn you Sony!
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#9suzukimatsuiPosted 8/19/2014 3:38:21 PM
youngunner2123 posted...
Snickers085 posted...

That's not what he meant. He clearly said "If they lose the exclusivity". Its def not a lifetime contract. Plus I'm sure MLB wants their product in as many consoles and pc's as possible

It's currently the only licensed sport on one platform.

Oh god so many spelling errors lol

The MLB license is not limited to just the show. In the case of 2K the license for them was not worth it since the sales for their baseball 2k series weren't that great to begin with in which they didn't have a reason to renew the license and game
#10RedFive3Posted 8/19/2014 3:53:46 PM
Have you seen my baseball?
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.