Apparently Bing's Xbox Live gift cards expire even when in your account

#11StoneColdPlayaPosted 8/20/2014 3:15:48 AM
Show me a gift card that doesn't expire or at least start steadily losing money after a certain amount of time.
---
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
#12weapon_d00d816(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 4:17:01 AM
StoneColdPlaya posted...
Show me a gift card that doesn't expire or at least start steadily losing money after a certain amount of time.

Best Buy
---
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
#13Spetsnaz420Posted 8/20/2014 4:28:47 AM
Interesting... In Canada it's illegal for companies to expire gift cards since they are paid for with money that doesn't expire.
---
Don't mistake me for a troll, I'm just a nice guy who likes to debate/argue
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#14lunaticcorePosted 8/20/2014 4:32:09 AM
Promotional gift cards can expire. Normal gift cards shouldn't
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#15scoobydoobydontPosted 8/20/2014 11:14:37 AM
StoneColdPlaya posted...

I gave you two before you even posted. Are you blind?
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#16regsantotomasPosted 8/20/2014 11:16:56 AM
At least in California, gift cards or gift certificates can not expire by law. I don't know if these are promotions - which would be different - or not.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#17LamesyPosted 8/20/2014 11:27:41 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Interesting... In Canada it's illegal for companies to expire gift cards since they are paid for with money that doesn't expire.

The money originally spent doesn't expire, but its value does depreciate over time against inflation. I don't think cards should expire, but gradual depreciation after a yearlong period is fair play AFAIC since it simply subjects the card to conditions that are similar to real money. Gift cards aren't government bonds, people.