Digital Foundry:Performance Analysis: Diablo 3 at 1080p on Xbox One

#11Viet0nePosted 8/19/2014 6:43:40 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...
So basically, in trying to match resolution with the PS4 version, the Xbox One's framerate has now gone completely to tatters while they were able to fix the issue for a butter smooth experience on PS4?

Well, surprise, surprise!

Minor drops to the low 50's is hardly poor performance.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Dead Rising 3, Destiny
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#12bossk5Posted 8/19/2014 6:45:08 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...
So basically, in trying to match resolution with the PS4 version, the Xbox One's framerate has now gone completely to tatters while they were able to fix the issue for a butter smooth experience on PS4?

Someone didn't follow the link
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#13Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 6:52:20 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
I wonder if you guys just sit there on Google and keep hitting refresh to see what comes up every 10 minutes or so.

---

10 minutes!? A full 10 minutes between refreshes? That's kids stuff, you need a robo-refresher going ten refresh per second (TRPS for short) if you want to be a baller.

Do you need to renew after the time trial expires on robo-refresher?

---

Not if you sign a release saying you will only use it for factual information about the XBOX ONE.

:D
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#14Laylow12Posted 8/19/2014 6:53:36 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...

Yes, low fifties on frame-rate for XBOX ONE version while Sony is solid.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#15Exodus_PrimePosted 8/19/2014 6:53:40 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
I wonder if you guys just sit there on Google and keep hitting refresh to see what comes up every 10 minutes or so.

---

10 minutes!? A full 10 minutes between refreshes? That's kids stuff, you need a robo-refresher going ten refresh per second (TRPS for short) if you want to be a baller.

Do you need to renew after the time trial expires on robo-refresher?

---

Not if you sign a release saying you will only use it for factual information about the XBOX ONE.

:D

ZING!

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#16bob15xPosted 8/19/2014 6:55:15 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...

"We now see frame-rates drop from the locked 60fps seen at 900p to the low 50s"

so fps drops to low 50s is tatters?

I guess you wont be buying destiny and driveclub since they are at a completely unplayable 30 fps. (i think thats right for destiny)
#17ZeroShot101Posted 8/19/2014 6:59:07 AM
I don't see much of a problem here if the frame rate dropped into the 40s then i would see a problem with 1080p here but at this point this topic is pointless
#18TBSMookfisherPosted 8/19/2014 8:32:51 AM
You can hardly, if at all, tell the difference between 60 and low 50s fps.
---
SSFIV: Cody
Dark Souls 2: Dark Espada Ropera +10
#19Styrof0amPosted 8/19/2014 8:37:54 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I use Faceback to get news feeds from various sites all in one spot, other than that FB is worthless.

You should give News Now a spin ...
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Technology/Gaming/Microsoft+Xbox/Xbox+One

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#20Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 8:47:12 AM
Dips to low 50s with ONE character people, the least frame heavy character to boot.

Wait until they review 4 player.

Say you lose those 10 frames per character, 20fps sound like a good spot?
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh