Digital Foundry:Performance Analysis: Diablo 3 at 1080p on Xbox One

#41Sith JediPosted 8/19/2014 2:19:20 PM
garcia_jx posted...
900 to 1080p is 44 percent increase in resolution? That's a lot.

Diminishing returns. That 44% increase sounds great but realistically the picture doesn't look 44% better. Just like 4K doesn't look 400% better than 1080p.

This is why the obsession with resolution is getting ridiculous. Now developers are making games perform and look worse than they could just so they can say it's 1080p. Even PS4 games could have much better looking graphics if the games were dropped to 900p.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#42LorneMaIvoPosted 8/19/2014 2:24:00 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
garcia_jx posted...

Diminishing returns. That 44% increase sounds great but realistically the picture doesn't look 44% better. Just like 4K doesn't look 400% better than 1080p.

This is why the obsession with resolution is getting ridiculous. Now developers are making games perform and look worse than they could just so they can say it's 1080p. Even PS4 games could have much better looking graphics if the games were dropped to 900p.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. There is no diminishing return if you're sat close enough.
#43Sith JediPosted 8/19/2014 2:30:18 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
garcia_jx posted...

Whatever helps you sleep at night. There is no diminishing return if you're sat close enough.

Yes, there is. You're factually wrong, that's why you got shot by Tom Hanks' son's dumb face.
---
#44TheGleamEyesPosted 8/19/2014 3:36:07 PM
Viet0ne posted...

Minor drops to the low 50's is hardly poor performance.

People bashed Nintendo/Mario Kart 8 for dropping from 60FPS to 59FPS.
#45garcia_jxPosted 8/19/2014 4:49:13 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
garcia_jx posted...

Well, I don't think there is as much of a difference between 60 frames and 56 frames as there is between 1080p and 900p
#46Sith JediPosted 8/19/2014 4:53:03 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
garcia_jx posted...

Well, I don't think there is as much of a difference between 60 frames and 56 frames as there is between 1080p and 900p

Perhaps, but this is a less demanding game and it would suck if sacrificing performance for resolution becomes the norm.
---
#47Pcmonster87Posted 8/19/2014 5:22:02 PM
LorneMaIvo posted...
So basically, in trying to match resolution with the PS4 version, the Xbox One's framerate has now gone completely to tatters while they were able to fix the issue for a butter smooth experience on PS4?

Well, surprise, surprise!

Did you even read the article or watch the video? The XO dropped to 54fps at the lowest point. Wouldn't call that completely to tatters. It ran it well.
---
Verizon Wireless Employee, Android developer/tech support
If it's a smartphone... I use it, but not if it's an iPhone.
#48StrongBlackVinePosted 8/19/2014 5:36:12 PM
Pcmonster87 posted...
LorneMaIvo posted...
So basically, in trying to match resolution with the PS4 version, the Xbox One's framerate has now gone completely to tatters while they were able to fix the issue for a butter smooth experience on PS4?

Did you even read the article or watch the video? The XO dropped to 54fps at the lowest point. Wouldn't call that completely to tatters. It ran it well.

Diablo is not graphically intense game though. It should have no problems running it at 1080p locked 60fps. I doesn't bode well for future games. Call Of Duty will surely be sub-1080p with a ragged framerate on Xbox One just like Titanfall.
---
I'll carry your world
#49bob15xPosted 8/19/2014 5:37:38 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
Pcmonster87 posted...
LorneMaIvo posted...

Diablo is not graphically intense game though. It should have no problems running it at 1080p locked 60fps. I doesn't bode well for future games. Call Of Duty will surely be sub-1080p with a ragged framerate on Xbox One just like Titanfall.

i have a very powerful pc and there are parts of the game it drops down to 5 fps. Always in this certain area. I think some areas in the game are not optimized.
#50archibald3Posted 8/19/2014 6:04:25 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
I wonder if you guys just sit there on Google and keep hitting refresh to see what comes up every 10 minutes or so.

---

I use Faceback to get news feeds from various sites all in one spot, other than that FB is worthless.

To you and others like you, maybe...

Yes, I enjoy looking at photos of a person's dinner or to check out how awesome this make up is

*Shrug*

Now this is rich , thick delicious irony. Finds Facebook superficial/pointless but spends a large amount of time on video game message board of video system he doesn`t even own. Or even like. Makes sense to me. I wonder what those people taking photos of the beautiful dinner they prepared think of your past time here ?