Digital Foundry:Performance Analysis: Diablo 3 at 1080p on Xbox One

#51MasteroftheArtsPosted 8/19/2014 7:17:13 PM
Yes, because the game's resolution at 900p was what plagued that disaster of a game...

And there's no difference. It's like adding an AO patch to skyrim on top of an ENB. It saps 8-10 fps and does precisely nothing.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#52mike468Posted 8/19/2014 8:13:59 PM
bob15x posted...

before the patch, the ps4's version dropped to 44 fps. I didn't see you posting on the ps4 boards on how disastrous that was going to be.

I hate to say it, but Digital Foundry is pointing out that the problem with the XBO version doesn't appear to be the same problem as the PS4 version pre-patch. Apparently the problem with the PS4 version was an actual bug, or at least that's the way they are state-ing it.

DF has always hated the XBO though. Seems like they went to great lengths once the community started ********* on the PS4 version of Diablo 3 last week, about it dropping frame rates. They put out this article last week after their early review to soften the blow back on the ps4 version:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-performance-analysis

Funny that they didn't do this for previous games like Tomb Raider Definitive edition.

I'm really not surprised about them jumping all over this.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#53AzaneAzerPosted 8/19/2014 8:20:10 PM(edited)
3 year old PC Game runs ok at basic settings on a year old console, news at 4.

mike468 posted...
DF has always hated the XBO though.

No, they're just unbiased and they always have to bring up the Xbox one's inferior hardware, because it's literally their job.

bob15x posted...
i have a very powerful pc and there are parts of the game it drops down to 5 fps. Always in this certain area. I think some areas in the game are not optimized.

a handful of poorly optimized ports on a hardware spectrum that ranges from people running windows 2000 on 15 year old computers to double Titans, Vs a console that cant even run 60/1080p when it was released in 2013.
#54mike468Posted 8/19/2014 8:27:17 PM(edited)
It's not all roses for Sony fans though. DF does point out that both versions seem to have had to compromise with softened shaders to reach 1080p regardless.

Which, if true, is just another point that shows the PS4 isn't as powerful as Sony fans want to claim.
---
#55LorneMaIvoPosted 8/19/2014 8:29:13 PM
mike468 posted...
It's not all roses for Sony fans though. DF does point out that both versions seem to have had to compromise with softened shaders to reach 1080p regardless.

Which, if true, is just another point that shows the PS4 isn't as powerful as Sony fans want to claim.

Except, you know, tech sites and devs themselves have come out and said the PS4 is significantly more powerful. But yeah, just let one multiplat be the rule.
#56djw2005Posted 8/19/2014 8:33:59 PM
I'm impressed by how much power Microsoft can squeeze out of the XB1. If Sony doesn't improve their development kits, the XB1 will soon be outperforming the PS4.
#57OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/19/2014 8:37:31 PM
djw2005 posted...
I'm impressed by how much power Microsoft can squeeze out of the XB1. If Sony doesn't improve their development kits, the XB1 will soon be outperforming the PS4.

If by squeezing you mean dipping a paper towel into the puddle that is frames per second and then wringing what little they can out of it into the resolution puddle, then yes, they certainly are squeezing.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#58LooksLikeRainPosted 8/19/2014 8:39:23 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
I wonder if you guys just sit there on Google and keep hitting refresh to see what comes up every 10 minutes or so.

---

I use Faceback to get news feeds from various sites all in one spot, other than that FB is worthless.

To you and others like you, maybe...

Yes, I enjoy looking at photos of a person's dinner or to check out how awesome this make up is

*Shrug*

That says more about the quality your friends, rather than the quality of Facebook.
---
GT: Frightbeard.
#59McCartneyMartinPosted 8/19/2014 8:51:53 PM
Been playing all day with 2 other friends. Game is gorgeous. Frame rate is smooth and with 3 people there are a ton of enemies on screen. Great game so far.
#60mike468Posted 8/19/2014 9:05:50 PM(edited)
LorneMaIvo posted...
mike468 posted...

Except, you know, tech sites and devs themselves have come out and said the PS4 is significantly more powerful. But yeah, just let one multiplat be the rule.

Keep telling yourself it's just one game. There's a list of ps4 games that either have issues running "perfectly" or run worst than the XBO version.:
Tomb raider
Murdered soul suspect
Thief
Killzone multiplayer running at interlaced refresh rate

How many PS4 games have had to see post launch patches to bump the game's resolution even?

By all accounts, according to you Sony fans' own logic, if the ps4 is 2x more powerful than the XBO, then NOT A SINGLE PS4 game, should have a single performance issue. Every single game should hit 1080p 60fps with no issue.

Better yet, why aren't all PS4 games being rendered at 4K and just being downscale and compressed? You'd wind up with a way better graphics quality by over rendering the game then compressing and down-scaling it for lower res 1080p tvs.

Fact is there are plenty of of examples of this not being the case with the PS4 being significantly more powerful than the XBO.
---