Diablo III XOne shouldnt have been 1080p but MS forced them to up the resolution

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 8/19/2014 7:19:09 AM
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/745781-microsoft-told-blizzard-900p-unacceptable-diablo-3-xbox-one

Blizzard said that MS found 900p for the game "unacceptable" even though that is how the game performs best on Xbox One. Now the framerate dips since the game is being forced to run at 1080p when it ran at a rock-solid 60fps when the resolution was 900p..

MS are complete hypocrites though when they constantly downplay the importance of native 1080p on Xbox One, but behind the scenes they are forcing it even if it effects the gameplay?
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2DinglesteedPosted 8/19/2014 7:20:15 AM
Man, I'll really be distracted when it goes from 60fps down to 50 at the lowest! How can such a tragedy happen like this?!?

Oh wait, I won't be able to tell a difference.
---
Playing: MLB 14 (PS4), Forza 5, PvZ: GW, Titanfall (XB1), Mario Kart 8, MH3U (Wii U), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#3MrImpatient35Posted 8/19/2014 7:24:06 AM
I just saw this article TC. Maybe it says the same, maybe not, but there's a video to it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-xbox-one-1080p-patch-performance-analysis
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#4kingofjamaicaPosted 8/19/2014 7:35:58 AM
Dinglesteed posted...
Man, I'll really be distracted when it goes from 60fps down to 50 at the lowest! How can such a tragedy happen like this?!?

That video shows one barbarian fighting. Let's wait and see how it runs with 4 wizards all throwing off huge spells.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#5NintendoKnight9Posted 8/19/2014 7:40:49 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
Dinglesteed posted...

That video shows one barbarian fighting. Let's wait and see how it runs with 4 wizards all throwing off huge spells.

This.
---
Viva Mexico!!
#6Matt_256Posted 8/19/2014 7:42:02 AM
If they're concerned about that they should have launched the system with better hardware, did they not do their research..? Xbox failing to hit 1080p on their new console while the PS4 is hitting those standards relatively easily is putting a negative stigma on the new Xbox console and Microsoft is desperately trying pat down the flames by any means necessary. It's 2014, I know resolution isn't everything but this should be a bare minimum standard right now, especially with 4k on the horizon. I just don't know what they were thinking.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised in a few years they release a slightly upgraded Xbox One that won't have these issues which would just slap all those early supporters in the face causing a slew of new problems.

Xbox has always been known as being the juggernaut in the console market in terms of hardware, even if it's just slightly, it was always considered to be the console of main focus by developers but with the Xbox One you can tell the heat has been really turned up on Microsoft. They've made some pretty big mistakes, it's up to them to find a way to fix it without causing anymore damage.
#7DinglesteedPosted 8/19/2014 7:42:29 AM
Regardless, not buying the game as I already own it on PC. Was disappointed in it to say the least.
---
Playing: MLB 14 (PS4), Forza 5, PvZ: GW, Titanfall (XB1), Mario Kart 8, MH3U (Wii U), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#8Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 7:56:12 AM(edited)
Well.
MS tells the public it's not important and yet, it's important enough to push for behind the scenes.

Destiny is up next and tbqh, there was likely a reason the beta was in 900p on xboxone.
Lets hope the frame rate doesn't take a hit launching at 1080p,
not really breathing room for frame rate issues when the games already 30fps.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#9Exodus_PrimePosted 8/19/2014 7:54:37 AM
*Shovel Break* topic.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#10EstocassassinPosted 8/19/2014 7:54:49 AM
Digital foundry already tested it and said that the frame rate on xbox one is more steady than ps4, so whats your point?
---
I have a great idea that i am taking straight to dragons den!!!!!
Salt shakers in the shape of sony fanboys XD