What would it take for Microsoft to sell off the gaming division.

#1PoweranimalsPosted 8/19/2014 10:24:45 AM
I've heard that investors are pushing for them to sell it off due to continued losses. My question is how far is this from actually becoming a reality?
#2redditon4chanPosted 8/19/2014 10:25:21 AM
Far.
#3SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/19/2014 1:30:53 PM
they would have to be in really bad shape for this to happen - like really bad. Think of Sonyesque bad, hemorhhaging money and close to bankrupt. Considering the billions they made last year I think it's safe for the time being
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
#4Viet0nePosted 8/19/2014 1:34:39 PM
If the Xbox Division doesn't finally make a turn for profit, there will unlikely be a next Xbox console. The Xbox division has yet to make profits for Microsoft. It just continues to lose money and why the Xbox One was designed to incorporate features from profitable divisions of Microsoft.

In a few years, if the Xbox One isn't selling well and making money, it's unlikely MS will continue to stay in the market as the costs of development are forever increasing requiring massive sales of games to make it worthwhile.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Dead Rising 3, Destiny
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 8/19/2014 1:34:45 PM
No one would want the xbox brand, it was ran into the ground.

Who would invest billions on a brand with bad public perception? No one.

So to answer your question, it would take a hell of a lot of work to sell it.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#6WarsuhPosted 8/19/2014 1:37:02 PM
Whether you believe it or not Xbox helps them in many ways. Xbox has brought new tech into the world and Microsoft benefits from this, Satya has said that Xbox helps Microsoft to innovate. They will no doubt finish this gen of gaming and will most likely be in the next generation also.
#7OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/19/2014 1:40:42 PM
They wouldn't ever do that. MS has enough money that they wouldn't have to make a penny with the xbone to stay afloat. :v It is just a diversion for them really. Gives the one percent something to do with their money besides stashing it away in an offshore checking account.

It is kind of like how Marge Simpson bakes two birthday cakes and gives one of them to Homer to ruin to keep the first cake looking nice.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#8PorungaPosted 8/19/2014 2:07:34 PM
Ultimately all it would take is a company cutting them a large enough check.
#9duericPosted 8/19/2014 2:08:50 PM
Porunga posted...
Ultimately all it would take is a company cutting them a large enough check.

Bam!!

Everything is for sale in the USA. Everything.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#10RCW29Posted 8/19/2014 2:11:11 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
They wouldn't ever do that. MS has enough money that they wouldn't have to make a penny with the xbone to stay afloat. :v It is just a diversion for them really. Gives the one percent something to do with their money besides stashing it away in an offshore checking account.

It is kind of like how Marge Simpson bakes two birthday cakes and gives one of them to Homer to ruin to keep the first cake looking nice.

This post makes me sad. Witness the death of common sense, critical thinking, and the failure of the education system all in one post.